Lets Talk Metal
Jun 1, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #1,306 of 29,663
You can tell they actually put some thought into it, as opposed to just playing notes as fast as possible which seems to be every Dragonforce song these days. I'm still not one for Powermetal, though. If you're into that, you may want to check out Firewind. Unlike the Dragonforce guitarists, Gus G doesn't need a bunch of studio tricks. He can actually play the guitar.

Jun 2, 2010 at 6:16 AM Post #1,309 of 29,663
I was in AC/DC black ice concert yesterday, and it was a blast! Though I was expecting bit bigger lightshows especially when song TNT hitted in, but music was still perfect. It was insanely loud though, it clipped and blurred out quite badly here and there and it was hard to listen even through earplugs. But I still had a good time, only things that truly bothered me were sore throat and broken bone on foot (slipped in stairs week ago. thank god I had seats).

Jun 2, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #1,311 of 29,663
Power metal begins and ends with Gamma Ray as far as I'm concerned.  Interesting, epic, yet not esoteric songwriting/arrangements, awesome technical wizardry from all instruments, and one of the best live shows I've ever seen.  Every album after Land of the Free is a winner IMO, though the critics seem not to prefer their two most recent, LOTF2 and To the Metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF3ttBH_8r4

Jun 4, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #1,312 of 29,663
I'm back and I come bearing gifts

Jun 4, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #1,313 of 29,663
@SoupRKnowva, thanks for posting that Dragonforce track, it reminded me to listen to that album, I'm not a metal head by any means as i only own three albums classed as metal: SoaD - Mesmerize/Hypnotize and Dragonforce - Valley of the Damned.

Does anyone else like Self vs. Self ft. In flames off the new pendulum album? I really didn't like it at first but it's grown on me a lot. It's here if anyone's interested.

Jun 7, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #1,318 of 29,663
I am assuming 88 pages in, someone has already mentioned the following items:

A)  Opeth is one of the greatest metal acts of all times

B)  Blackwater Park is one of the greatest metal albums of all time

I do have to thank you guys for Pendulum and Moonsorrow recommendations.

Btw, apparently Swallow the Sun is supposedly real good.  And I am huge Kamelot fan (seeing them in September).

PS "Down with General Lionwhite"

Jun 7, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #1,320 of 29,663

Quote:
I am assuming 88 pages in, someone has already mentioned the following items:

A)  Opeth is one of the greatest metal acts of all times

B)  Blackwater Park is one of the greatest metal albums of all time

This... ummm... can be debated.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back