Lets Talk Metal
Feb 15, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #8,582 of 29,678
Quote:
Bare in mind that the vinyl and CD share the same master. A big bummer if you ask me. But this is my favorite CoL album to date followed by Salvation. Its amazing!

OK-that settles it-I'm in.

Feb 15, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #8,583 of 29,678
haha i was out of commission for quite a while on this thread. I got way behind on vacation and then just never had the chance to sit down and catch up...but i just did! had to get through like 350 posts. and found some new music in there i liked as well.

Nice to have you back!

For starters trogdor, i loved that ODEM EP, i wish i could get it on CD already. The other song i really liked was the Grayceon song, Pearl, ive never really listened to them before but i loved that song, so ill have to check out the rest of it.\

DWP has SO MANY awesome things coming out and Metal-Fi will be covering all of them. I promise. That ODEM EP is a frigging BEAST. I stand by my score. The Grayceon EP is also nice. Pearl is great, the other one...is OK (it meanders too much).

The other song that really caught me was the Havok song, i have also never listened to them before. One thing though, is that while i think the instrumentals are freaking amazing, the vocals....i think leave a bit to be desired.

You know I posted Havok like eons ago and no one said anything! But they are so much fun.

I think where i had left off before, was with my top 10 list, and i had said that i was gonna investigate some of the releases that i had missed throughout the year to find those hidden gems. So here's some of the standouts in no particular order.

Skyharbor - Blinding White Noise

I will check Skyharbor out for sure.

We have so much going on at MFi I wish I could share all of it but a las, you guys are going to have to wait...

Feb 15, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #8,585 of 29,678
Negakinu- I listened to Carach Angren for the first time today (Phantom Ship). Sorry I haven't done that sooner! Brilliant stuff!

Feb 15, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #8,586 of 29,678
Picked up another copy of Gojira's latest LP today and I'm going to return my previous one in it's place. 

My local shop got a copy of the White vinyl pressing and were selling it for the same price I paid for the black one. I'll show them!

On another note, I picked up the Royal Thunder CVI LPs and plan to use the return funds from Gojira to get the latest Pig Destroyer album. :D

EDIT: Returned the black Gojira copy and picked up Book Burner and Mastadon's The Hunter...The 45rpm cut with new art and liner.

Feb 15, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #8,587 of 29,678
Quote:
Picked up another copy of Gojira's latest LP today and I'm going to return my previous one in it's place. 

My local shop got a copy of the White vinyl pressing and were selling it for the same price I paid for the black one. I'll show them!

On another note, I picked up the Royal Thunder CVI LPs and plan to use the return funds from Gojira to get the latest Pig Destroyer album. :D

EDIT: Returned the black Gojira copy and picked up Book Burner and Mastadon's The Hunter...The 45rpm cut with new art and liner.

You buy too many LPs. I hate youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....

Feb 15, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #8,588 of 29,678
I traded my Rhino Doors box and a Norah Jones LP that I replaced with a better master. 

Got some store credit and bought 6 or so LPs. There's really not that many more I want from my local store. I'll start having to buy online wish lists soon.

tl;dr - Don't hate, bro.

Quote:

You buy too many LPs. I hate youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....

Feb 16, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #8,589 of 29,678
Quote:
I traded my Rhino Doors box and a Norah Jones LP that I replaced with a better master. 

Got some store credit and bought 6 or so LPs. There's really not that many more I want from my local store. I'll start having to buy online wish lists soon.

tl;dr - Don't hate, bro.

Quote:

You buy too many LPs. I hate youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

My hate is driven by pure jealousy. However, keep posting about the LPs you buy. Include pictures if possible. 
gs1000.gif

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #8,590 of 29,678
ASH BORER-COLD OF AGES

images

Feb 16, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #8,591 of 29,678
Never thought I'd be able to use the term "funk metal". Here's an awesome band I just found called Art Metal. If you like prog metal and slap bass, you need to give this a listen!

Feb 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #8,593 of 29,678
You know, how you can go back to an album you haven't heard in a while and appreciate it more a few yeasr later?

Anticipating the new Cult of Luna release, has me thinking about some of my post metal discs-going to the back of the rack, I'm currently playing something I sort of overlooked at the time, but sounds great on my Grado cans...enjoying details I missed several years ago-Callisto's True Nature Unfolds from 2008-definitely a CUL/Mouth of the Architect vibe-
61CIbo%2Ba-yL.jpg

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #8,595 of 29,678
Ran through my Celestial Lineage and Mastodon 45s tonight to make sure they weren't defective...Definitely not defective...and also amazing.

Tomorrow will be my first time through Gojira's latest. Looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back