Lets Talk Metal
Feb 3, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #841 of 29,641
a little off topic but does anybody recognize this artist? almost certain its a metal musician
11111bm.jpg

Feb 4, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #842 of 29,641
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone else like the latest Nile CD? Pretty good I thinks...heh

It's a rock-solid Nile album that upped the technicality ante, the songwriting is noticeably better than the flaccid "Ithyphallic". It took time to grow on me, and after a couple of months it made my best of the year list.
smily_headphones1.gif

There is no god but god!!!

Feb 4, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #844 of 29,641
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cianyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Belus samples broskies.
Belus: Burzum: Amazon.co.uk: MP3 Downloads

Hard to tell from short samples only, but it really seems like Burzum is back in full force. To me this is probaply most anticipated album of the year.
Sort of reminds me of Drudkh. But then again Drudkh reminds me of Burzum from time to time so...
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #847 of 29,641
March can't come soon enough for Nightbringer - Apocalypse Sun. This band is one of best right now in the USBM scene IMO. Raw occult black metal with a very disorienting feel...the wall of guitars is vortex-like in nature.

261313.jpg

Two new tracks up on their myspace: "I Am I/Supplication before the Throne of Tehom" and "Serpent of the Midnight Sun". Both kill!

http://www.myspace.com/nightbringerofficial

Feb 8, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #848 of 29,641
I haven't seen any love for the new Between the Buried and Me (the Great Misdirect). Major step up in depth/maturity from their earlier stuff. At times very Cynic-like (sans flanged vocals), other times a complete bombast. Sly, subversive lyrics. Good stuff.

Also into a (Dutch) band called Textures. Silhouette (08?) is a good place to start. Yet another band that has no idea how to simply count to four. Gotta be jazz school drop-outs gone rogue. Very heavy (suitably growly) to clean jazzy vamp to melodic almost power ballady (but not in a bad way). Haven't actually paid attention to the lyrics.

Also two of my favorites of the 90's you probably missed.

For megadeth fans:
Damn The Machine (Self Titled, feat. Chris Poland), a little less thrash-y, more melodic metal. Great solos, alot of them. I think it stands toe to toe with megadeths best (flame away). Good production. Assuredly out of print.

For Baroness Red Album fans:
MindFunk Dropped. Way less glam than their first album. Had that "two slightly out of tune guitars playing sorta the same thing" down in a big way. Mostly cool lyrics. I think its heavier and more focused. Same vibe. Also good production and assuredly out of print.

Feb 8, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #849 of 29,641
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azathoth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
March can't come soon enough for Nightbringer - Apocalypse Sun. This band is one of best right now in the USBM scene IMO. Raw occult black metal with a very disorienting feel...the wall of guitars is vortex-like in nature.

261313.jpg

Two new tracks up on their myspace: "I Am I/Supplication before the Throne of Tehom" and "Serpent of the Midnight Sun". Both kill!

Nightbringer (Official) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Reminds me of Ondskapt quite a lot. Both have this demented feel in it. Not bad at all.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 15, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #852 of 29,641
Anyone get to listen to the new Immolation album "Majesty and Decay"? I got an advance copy when I saw them on tour with Nile a couple weeks ago. I'm not much of a reviewer but what I can say is its killer!!!!

Feb 15, 2010 at 4:12 AM Post #853 of 29,641
i did not read this whole thing so excuse me if this has been mentioned. remember sarcofago? man i liked that! made metallica look just weak lol.

edit: yes, i see it was mentioned once here as in the best of it's genre.

music_man

Feb 15, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #854 of 29,641
I've found Home.

These guys slay. Death never sounded livelier. Lately I'm into anything that's weird, peels my face off, and tests my tolerance boundaries, an approach which usually leads to skin grafts and perforated membranes. But I've struck luck with some quality finds lately, e.g., BTBAM, Darkest Hour, Daath, and now, The Red Chord. Most folks definitely won't like this ****. It's too brutal and eats too many babies but you guys might like it.

So what I'm vomiting is, specifically, from 2009:

-The Red Chord, Fed Through the Teeth Machine
-Revocation, Existence is Futile
-Darkest Hour, Eternal Return (This one's a stretch. Punkier, thrashier metal, but a few listens and you'll be hooked.)

Random metal babies note: I took my daughter to her first trip to your typical, stinky, pierced-and-tattooed-mohawk-chick-behind-the-counter record store this Saturday. In other words, perfect, and not a Borders. She learned what vinyl is. Her first glimpse -Metallica's Master of Puppets.

Show yer horns,

Mediaogre

Feb 15, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #855 of 29,641
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghoul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone get to listen to the new Immolation album "Majesty and Decay"? I got an advance copy when I saw them on tour with Nile a couple weeks ago. I'm not much of a reviewer but what I can say is its killer!!!!

You have it already? I hate you.
*google searches for a leak of the album*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back