Lets Talk Metal
Nov 27, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #7,801 of 29,666
Sounds like the reviewer has a childhood trauma involving priests...

..altoughhhh there is a certain truth in that black metal used to be about anything but servitude and certain bands have taken the whole theistic aspect of Satanism a bit far in my opinion. I mean, you can scream really loud, wear scary face paint and play at 220bpm but basically you're still playing worship music. And worship, the act itself, involves servitute to a greater power. Submission. A quote from that review:
"Theism has no place in black metal, and theistic bands cannot be called black metal no matter how much they try to emulate the aesthetics of black metal."

I wouldn't go as far and say DsO are a Christian band, but I can understand the knuckle-dragging purist who points and shouts "vntrve". :wink_face:

EDIT: Not that the word untrue means anything ofcourse. Great music is still great music, whatever the philosophy behind it. But you know, the devil's advocate and all... 

Bare in mind that most if not all Western civilization is rooted in Judeo-Christian values whether you are religious or not, that's just historical fact.

(I had an excellent Western Lit teacher in college)

Literature, art, music, you name it - all have been high influenced by the Bible.

DsO is no different in that respect.

But that review completely missed the point of the ENTIRE ALBUM and its MESSAGE. I think its outrageously hilarious.

And that Carach Angren review is also pretty darn funny too now that I read it again....

NOTE: Negakinu, Altar of Plagues' Mammal came on in the vehicle....man that's a great album....you were so right...

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #7,802 of 29,666
Two pretty awesome videos from Origin. the interview in particular is pretty cool, love hearing from extreme metal musicians. the live video is cool too just to see how ridiculous their parts are while playing them

Edit: haha a hot french girl singing a Sybreed song for the french version of Got Talent!

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #7,803 of 29,666
The new All That Remains wasn't all that bad. They definitely took a turn towards alternative rock, but I listen to genres other than metal so it wasn't a big deal for me. I do prefer the previous albums, though.

Nov 28, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #7,809 of 29,666
Help me find some technical death metal / metalcore / deathcore?
Something along the lines of Arise In Stability, Within The Ruins, War Within A Harlots Mouth, Born Of Osiris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfnieiMh-ss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJTajhxXuac

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #7,810 of 29,666
try
suicide silence

whitechapel

spawn of possession

there are so many more...straight line stitch, acacia strain, job for a cowboy, impending doom, black dahlia murder, etc, etc.
i'd say that "deathcore" is the fastest growing segment of metal (in north america at least)

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #7,811 of 29,666
Quote:
Help me find some technical death metal / metalcore / deathcore?
Something along the lines of Arise In Stability, Within The Ruins, War Within A Harlots Mouth, Born Of Osiris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfnieiMh-ss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJTajhxXuac

Hmm..

Job For a Cowboy

The Faceless

Cryptopsy:

Decapitated:

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #7,812 of 29,666
Speaking of Cryptopsy, not only did they just release a new album but have put out a best of record with stuff from everywhere and some killer new tracks!

CD1 Content:
Songs 1, 2, 3: New exclusive and previously unreleased songs from 2011
Song 4: STRAPPING YOUNG LAD cover, originally from the Covering 20 Years Of Extremes CM Anniversary compilation release, 2008
Songs 5, 6, 7: Taken from The Unspoken King, 6th album, 2008
Songs 8, 9, 10: Taken from Once Was Not, 5th album, 2005
Songs 11, 12, 13: Taken from And Then You'll Beg, 4th album, 2000
Songs 14, 15, 16: Taken from Whisper Supremacy, 3rd album, 1998

CD 2 Content:
Songs 1, 2, 3: Taken from None So Vile, 2nd album, 1996
Songs 4, 5: Taken from Blasphemy Made Flesh, 1st album, 1994
Songs 6, 7, 8: Taken from None So Live, live album, 2003
Songs 9, 10: Japanese live bonus tracks for And Then You'll Beg, 1999
Songs 11, 12: Live DVD / Japanese bonus tracks for Once Was Not, 2004
Songs 13, 14, 15, 16: Rehearsal demo tracks for Whisper Supremacy, 1998

Nov 28, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #7,813 of 29,666
I'm already familiar with Suicide Silence, White Chapel, and Job For A Cowboy.  Heard of the Faceless and Crytopsy, but just getting around to listen to them.  Good stuff.
Spawn Of Possession was an interesting band.  Thanks for that.

I just found this band as I was clicking on stuff - Hideous Divinity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcsntAinwYM

Nov 29, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #7,814 of 29,666

So nice to see an album like this get more exposure here. I need to get it out and play it more. Thank-you for reminding me. It seems either people love em or hate em. I love em!:xf_eek:

Nov 29, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #7,815 of 29,666
Quote:

I hate all of these metal logos. This is one of the better ones, but I still thought it said "Decaffeinated" for longer than I should have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back