Lets Talk Metal
Nov 24, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #526 of 29,663
ehhh.. so many genres so many subgenres. You can read debate after debate on sputnik about what band = what. In the end people listen to what they like. Metal is awesome. Period!!! True not all metal is created equally, I enjoy all different types and for different moods/occasions as well. Lately have been listening to more and more black metal and deathcore.

Dimmu Borgir pwns imho.....

Nov 24, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #527 of 29,663
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azathoth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Etymotic ER-20's are an indispensable companion for the local metal shows, as I go to about 2 gigs a month. Everything still sounds clear with the ER-20's, just quieter.
smily_headphones1.gif

Where can they be bought the easiest?

Nov 24, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #528 of 29,663
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuseboxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where can they be bought the easiest?

They're available locally at The Drum Shop Manila in Parañaque. I got mine more than a year ago, bought it online.
icon10.gif

Nov 26, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #533 of 29,663
I hope he'll get through it, slay the vile cancer dragon and come back stronger than ever. Look out! \m/

I'm really looking forward to a follow-up to Heaven & Hell's "The Devil You Know". His powerful voice just seems to get better with age.

Nov 27, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #537 of 29,663
Another band I found lately is Ceremonial Castings. Symphonic blackmetal, some kind of mixture of In Nightside Of Eclipse era Emperor, Limbonic Art and a VERY SLIGHT touch of Principle Of Evil Made Flesh era Cradle Of Filth, the good sides. And add a one helluva singer (in blackmetal standards).

So far I REALLY like this band. You all who are interested in blackmetal should check out their myspace. Where The Witches Waltz is really good song, especially chorus part at half-way of the song with the high screams, deep growls and female choir. Almost goosebump inducing combination.
Ceremonial Castings on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Nov 27, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #539 of 29,663
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nisstyre56 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you like black metal, check out Darkthrone's album "Goatlord". Most f-ed up black metal album in existence.

Hey, I am a long time blackmetal fan, so Darkthrone is definetly familiar band. Its afterall "an essential".
smily_headphones1.gif
Though I never got into Goatlord, Transilvanian Hunger and A Blaze In The Northern Sky are on of my top blackmetal albums ever. Actually I think they lost their touch after Transilvanian Hunger, and especially their modern blackened punk/punkened black/What-ever-it-is is very dissapointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back