Lets Talk Metal
Oct 26, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #4,621 of 29,676
Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but "Kylesa" is pretty damn good. Sort of Lincoln Park meets Evanescence.

Also, not hardcore metal, but Chickenfoot III is quite enjoyable. Sammy Haggar on vocals and Satriani on guitar.

Kylesa is up and down for me. I always think of Queens of the Stone Age when someone mentions Kylesa.

I am so excited...my first black metal concert is going to be Mayhem! As it should be...

Oct 26, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #4,622 of 29,676
Quote:
Not bad, a lot better than most of the revival metal garbage that's coming out these days.  Reminds me of a mix of Helloween and Stryper.  Only issue is that the main riff sounds kind sloppy, is there any other songs to check out, with stronger riffs?

Oct 27, 2011 at 7:38 AM Post #4,623 of 29,676

Anyone else getting into this one? I guess you would call it progressive thrash? It has great guitar which is really all I care about as long as the drums are cool.

Oct 27, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #4,627 of 29,676
I haven't thought much of Black Sun Aeon albums until now, they always seemed like just a place to dump tracks not good enough for Before The Dawn. This is promising though. Need to hear more.

Oct 28, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #4,630 of 29,676
So "Thirteen" is better than Endgame when all is set is done for me but its still not what I WANT. Oh well, mid-tempo Megadeth...

Anyway, thrash is alive and well, I am surprised no one has mentioned Havok. There latest is just awesome:

I am not sure if I like Revocation or Havok more. I wonder what these guys are like live. Its thrashtastic.

Oct 28, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #4,631 of 29,676
So everyone has been talking up Septic Flesh's Mass, and for good reason, its a fantastic album.

However, Greece has a very strong black metal scene (like France but in a different direction).

Aenaon's latest, Cendres Et Sang, is just plain awesome. Progressive black metal at its finest, please check out this track:

Nov 2, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #4,633 of 29,676
So AMG reviewed the new Absu album. Surprised on how much he loved. Don't get me wrong, its a great release this year and I agree with him, its just that...

Well I never agree with AMG!

So I have listened to Thirteen now several times through. I like it better than Endgame but its still a 7.5/10 for me which is good not great.

Anyone see the announcement of the new HevyDevy box set? I pre-ordered it on Amazon.

Nov 2, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #4,635 of 29,676

Quote:
So I have listened to Thirteen now several times through. I like it better than Endgame but its still a 7.5/10 for me which is good not great.

There's no way I could rate it that high. 7.5 for me is a pretty good album, and Thirteen I think is barely average. WAY worse than UA, which I would probably give an 8. If I had to rank Megadeth's worst albums, it would be 1. Risk, 2. Thirteen 3. So Far So Good So What.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back