Lets Talk Metal
Aug 6, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #3,856 of 29,701

Quote:

For all you Amon Amarth lovers out there that wish they would include a little black metal in their viking songs once in a while. Very professional videoclip and website as well. Definitely a band to keep an eye on.

Excellent post dude!

Aug 6, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #3,858 of 29,701

Quote:
Sigh, I will have to pick this up ASAP.

Do it. I'm not sure that it's better than Into Night's, but it's a great album. At the very least among their best, other than the slow track in the middle which should've been left on the cutting room floor. I don't mind when November's Doom gets gothic at all, but they've done that much better before on several of their early albums.

Aug 6, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #3,859 of 29,701

Quote:
I'm down too! I've been listening for 7 years and i still see myself as a noob cause I listen to the same bands over and over =p. Hard to get started on new albums when youre still so addicted to the old ones.

I seem to have swings of being content with what I have, and then wanting more. Every month or so, I'll start looking for new bands that I haven't heard to see if I like them or not. Sites like Metalstorm have been great for this, helping me find side project bands of vocalists and guitar players I already like, for example.

Aug 6, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #3,860 of 29,701

Quote:
For all you Amon Amarth lovers out there that wish they would include a little black metal in their viking songs once in a while. Very professional videoclip and website as well. Definitely a band to keep an eye on.

Not bad! The drums are a bit too forward in the mix and the rhythm and bass guitars are almost completely buried, but as a song it's great. If they could improve their production a bit I think they'd really be on to something.

Aug 6, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #3,861 of 29,701
Do it. I'm not sure that it's better than Into Night's, but it's a great album. At the very least among their best, other than the slow track in the middle which should've been left on the cutting room floor. I don't mind when November's Doom gets gothic at all, but they've done that much better before on several of their early albums.

Yes sir! Done!

Aug 7, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #3,863 of 29,701

Quote:
They're alright. Think mastodon but a bit more doomy.

Eh... I might disregard checking them out then. Doesn't sound too promising when you put it that way.

Aug 7, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #3,864 of 29,701
these guys are coming to my town in september. i am going to go see them. hopefully.

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #3,865 of 29,701

Quote:
these guys are coming to my town in september. i am going to go see them. hopefully.

Diggin' it! I've been lucky, in the last week there have been a ton of bands brought to my attention that I never knew of. It turns out that 90% of them I really like! Thanks for the post dude. \m/(O_O)\m/

Aug 8, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #3,866 of 29,701
Need some advice..

Currently using M50s but also recently upgraded my speakers (DSM3) and they actually blow the M50s out of the water as speakers. So I'm put in a tough situation when I need to use my headphones cause they dont wow me anymore. What kind of headphones would you guys recommend for metal, plus some soundtracks, classical, and jazz on the side?

My budget would probably be under $250. My amp is the asus essence stx and a portable fiio e11. Thanks for the feedback bros.

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #3,867 of 29,701

Quote:
Need some advice..

Currently using M50s but also recently upgraded my speakers (DSM3) and they actually blow the M50s out of the water as speakers. So I'm put in a tough situation when I need to use my headphones cause they dont wow me anymore. What kind of headphones would you guys recommend for metal, plus some soundtracks, classical, and jazz on the side?

My budget would probably be under $250. My amp is the asus essence stx and a portable fiio e11. Thanks for the feedback bros.

Below $250, DT880 or D2000 are your best bet.

But considering you have some pretty good speakers, I highly doubt anything in that range will wow you. I have the LCD2s, T1s, ED8s, etc and I still love kicking back to my lowly Z5500 setup.

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #3,868 of 29,701

Quote:

Must have this album NOW!

Aug 8, 2011 at 5:05 AM Post #3,869 of 29,701

Quote:
Need some advice..

That's a tough one. If you can stretch your budget to $299, I would recommend the Beyer DT1350. The 880 is fine with classical and jazz, but it's a bit polite for metal for my taste. Mostly I just couldn't stand the "CLACK!" sound the Beyers made every time I adjusted them slightly on my head. Some like the Audio-Technica AD900 with metal, they are within your budget and may be worth a listen. The D2000 will work, and you can use it as a jumping off point to eventually reach a great headphone as your budget allows (start by adding JMoney pads, then the MarkL mod, and then eventually new cups and wiring.) You don't need to bust the bank on the Jena that Lawton uses, something much more affordable like the Zeus cable will work. The stock Denon is ok with metal but a bit unrefined for classical and jazz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back