Lets Talk Metal
Mar 5, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #2,821 of 29,673
Nothing of Forest of Shadows in this thread? Surely that solitary Swede should have some representation.

He plays heavy-ish doom, like here, especially from 3:10 onwards:

The EP Where Dreams Turn to Dust is especially worth checking out.

Mar 6, 2011 at 9:50 AM Post #2,822 of 29,673

Quote:
Nothing of Forest of Shadows in this thread? Surely that solitary Swede should have some representation.

Call me crazy but the beginning of this tune sounded like Led Zep...

That was pretty cool btw.

Mar 6, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #2,823 of 29,673
I've seen them live...as was said above, I also thought they were very predictable...their lyrics made me laugh and put me in a good mood for the headliner. If every other band you've heard is a wall of noise, then you really need to expand your metal tastes...or perhaps listen a bit more analytically. Most metal I listen to is noise until I give an album several listens and become familiar with them. Even still, a wall of noise sound can be fitting, especially in the case of devin townsend and the likes.

Quote:
Go see them live.  They sound better live than any other bad I've seen.  Every other band I have heard is just a wall of noise, and all I can hear is ringing in my ears.  Devildriver sounds better than  their cd's live.  Jon Miller and Jeff Kendrick were really cool guys got to talk to them outside their tour bus in Chicago.  

Also, the name devildriver has nothing to do with the devil.  A devildriver is something that is used in italy (where dez is from) to ward off evil spirits.  That's enough of my obsession with this band for now.  

Mar 6, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #2,824 of 29,673

Quote:

Nice song.

Mar 8, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #2,832 of 29,673
Anyone with the new devildriver CD find that almost all of the cymbals are coming from the left side?  It sounds really odd to me.  Not really impressed with this recording at all.  The bass drum sounds flabby, and the toms are pretty lifeless.  

Mar 8, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #2,833 of 29,673

Quote:
I've seen them live...as was said above, I also thought they were very predictable...their lyrics made me laugh and put me in a good mood for the headliner. If every other band you've heard is a wall of noise, then you really need to expand your metal tastes...or perhaps listen a bit more analytically. Most metal I listen to is noise until I give an album several listens and become familiar with them. Even still, a wall of noise sound can be fitting, especially in the case of devin townsend and the likes.

The wall of noise I was referring to was poor audio tech's controlling the bands sound at a concert.  That has nothing to do with the actual music.  You can't analytically when all you hear is your ears being raped.  

Mar 8, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #2,835 of 29,673

Users who are viewing this thread

Back