Lets Talk Metal
Jan 7, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #28,231 of 29,646
Shoot, half of the songs are not available yet on Qobuz/Tidal.. I don't really want to start listening until I can hear the whole album start to finish.
It's up in full, including two bonus tracks, on Spotify. Hopefully Qobuz & Tidal aren't far behind!

Jan 7, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #28,232 of 29,646
It's up in full, including two bonus tracks, on Spotify. Hopefully Qobuz & Tidal aren't far behind!
I believe it's a Roon issue. Should be resolved soon.

Jan 7, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #28,233 of 29,646
I believe it's a Roon issue. Should be resolved soon.
Fingers crossed!

I'll need more time with it but initial take is that this is an incredible follow-up to Veil of Imagination.

Jan 7, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #28,234 of 29,646
Fingers crossed!

I'll need more time with it but initial take is that this is an incredible follow-up to Veil of Imagination.
Issues fixed.. Gave it a first listen. A lot to unpack... Some weird stuff going on. I hope it will grow on me. Here we go for round 2.

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #28,235 of 29,646
Issues fixed.. Gave it a first listen. A lot to unpack... Some weird stuff going on. I hope it will grow on me. Here we go for round 2.
It was the same for me with Veil of Imagination. People were so high on it and it didn't click with me until a handful of listens. I think this one will be a grower as well. As you said, lots to unpack. The orchestral elements, synth bits and dynamic swings from soft, gentle groundswell to triumphant exuberance are a lot to take in.

So far the standout track for me is Identifier. I really like Passenger too, and did so immediately when listening to it as a single as well. But the ending of Identifier hits me right in the feels.

One thing is for sure and that's Wayne Ingram knows how to solo when called on!

Jan 7, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #28,236 of 29,646

Jan 7, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #28,237 of 29,646

Not so sure about the video? But...the new sound is amazing! I look forward to this slower, less blast-beat, less tremolo picking style. I would put my bet that the whole album will reflect this? Been a fan of DF since the late 1990s. But this change, I can get into.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #28,240 of 29,646
I have just found this thread. Loving some albums. I don't like the extreme metal, but love the melodic.

Right now, I'm listening to the band you were talking about (Wilderun) and I'm liking it. I will download the album later :L3000:

Edit: I've just downloaded the album and listening to it right now in 24 bit FLAC :L3000: Lovely and magical. Thank you very much for sharing.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022 at 4:06 AM Post #28,241 of 29,646
It was the same for me with Veil of Imagination. People were so high on it and it didn't click with me until a handful of listens. I think this one will be a grower as well. As you said, lots to unpack. The orchestral elements, synth bits and dynamic swings from soft, gentle groundswell to triumphant exuberance are a lot to take in.

So far the standout track for me is Identifier. I really like Passenger too, and did so immediately when listening to it as a single as well. But the ending of Identifier hits me right in the feels.

One thing is for sure and that's Wayne Ingram knows how to solo when called on!
Identifier is great indeed. The big standout on the last album for me was Far from where dreams unfurl. Maybe a bit cheesy chorus but I loved it, esp in a live setting. I don't think there's such a standout on this one, but I'm really starting to enjoy this album.

Edit: I've just downloaded the album and listening to it right now in 24 bit FLAC :L3000: Lovely and magical. Thank you very much for sharing.
Check out the previous album too. Between those two there's enough to digest for a week or two...😁

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022 at 8:09 AM Post #28,242 of 29,646
Identifier is great indeed. The big standout on the last album for me was Far from where dreams unfurl. Maybe a bit cheesy chorus but I loved it, esp in a live setting. I don't think there's such a standout on this one, but I'm really starting to enjoy this album.

Check out the previous album too. Between those two there's enough to digest for a week or two...😁
I downloaded the whole Wilderun albums in FLAC. I was listening to "Epigone" yesterday and the slow parts sound fantastic with the 9200s, but with the fast parts I perceived a wall of sound that I dislike :slight_frown: I will try today with the DT 1990 Pros, my other headphones for metal :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back