Lets Talk Metal
Jun 3, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #27,106 of 29,642
back in the day I was into very early Destruction,Kreator,Sodom(sorta)Celtic Frost (moreso than Hellhammer),Venom....

LOL @ Babymetal...when I saw Halford do some stuff with them I cringed.
PM

HEY! Don't ya dare diss Babymetal.
a53.jpg

Jun 10, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #27,108 of 29,642
Was at that show last night. Had pit tickets. Got the crap kicked out of me. Can confirm, all bands were killer.

Jun 10, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #27,111 of 29,642
Show was on 6/6/18 (Tom's birthday). Every band put on an excellent show. One of the best concerts I've been to in a long time.

Honestly it might have been the best show I've ever seen. MDF 2013 was amazing for being a huge festival, Megadeth ripped it up, Fear Factory was amazing, Cannibal Corpse is the crap, but that was just an experience I'll never forget.

I admit I missed a bunch of Testament and wasn't up front for Anthrax (hung out in the lawn with friends who didn't have pit seats for them), but just... god damn. Plus, I'm happy I can say I was in a Slayer pit now.

Jun 10, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #27,112 of 29,642
Honestly it might have been the best show I've ever seen. MDF 2013 was amazing for being a huge festival, Megadeth ripped it up, Fear Factory was amazing, Cannibal Corpse is the ****, but that was just an experience I'll never forget.

I admit I missed a bunch of Testament and wasn't up front for Anthrax (hung out in the lawn with friends who didn't have pit seats for them), but just... god damn. Plus, I'm happy I can say I was in a Slayer pit now.
I wasn't in the pit at all. The pit area at the venue was quite small. Bigger pits opened up on the lawn when Lamb of God started playing and were still going strong for Slayer. Testament was great. Behemoth was good live, but still not a fan of them. I'm an old school thrash fan so Testament, Anthrax, and Slayer were who I was there to see. I liked Lamb of God before the concert, but after seeing them live i think I'll check them out a bit further.

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #27,114 of 29,642
You talking Prowler era PxDx or Book Burner?

If the former, I'd definitely say to check out Wormrot, Rotten Sound, Nasum, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, maybe Insect Warfare.

Jun 22, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #27,117 of 29,642

Jul 14, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #27,120 of 29,642
^
I'm not too into "metal" per se. Depends on the situation when I'm in a listening mood.

I do like bands such as Isis, Pelican, Tool, and Baroness to name a few. I have to say I like what I'm hearing off the new Deafheaven album. Admittedly I never heard of them before. This album seems accessible whereas their previous Sunbather does not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back