Lets Talk Metal
Jan 5, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #26,972 of 29,644
Jan 6, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #26,973 of 29,644
The new Summoning album is out!

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Summoning/With_Doom_We_Come/673508

This is another one of those bands that needs a listen to their discography to understand how great they are. Their older albums were simply epic. Although it's not bad, the newer stuff kind of puts me to sleep. The bright/thin tone isn't helping either.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #26,974 of 29,644
The new Summoning album is out!

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Summoning/With_Doom_We_Come/673508

This is another one of those bands that needs a listen to their discography to understand how great they are. Their older albums were simply epic. Although it's not bad, the newer stuff kind of puts me to sleep. The bright/thin tone isn't helping either.

Yeah, some bands do well with that trebly sound (Paysage, Striborg), others need meat to them. Summoning is one of them. Stronghold is so good.

Jan 8, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #26,978 of 29,644
Having alot of fun with this and oriolus mk2 !!
this video is shot during sunset in stunning 1080p,
I wish I was there,, but this is the next best thing

Gojira is always stunningly well recorded for sure. Also, possibly the heaviest band ever to see live.

Jan 11, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #26,983 of 29,644
Gojira is always stunningly well recorded for sure. Also, possibly the heaviest band ever to see live.
M8 i recon more than half the reason why they sound so good is because of the sound engineer.
Also the bass is very audiable and ****s with the drums very wel wich is a nod to the ratm shoog primus and tools .. fkn good that

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #26,985 of 29,644

Agree - saw them in 2007 with Lamb of God and Trivium. I was part of the Roadrunner Records street team and got into the venue early to put up posters. Joe walked up to me and said 'Nice poster!' and I didn't even know who he was at that time! Needless to say, I knew very well who they were after the show, they were so crushingly heavy and brilliant live.

They were also the band that got me into high end audio. The first time I heard 'Ocean Planet' on good headphones convinced me I needed to invest in better audio gear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back