Lets Talk Metal
Dec 2, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #25,336 of 29,662
Ahhhh...Udo vs. Mark...IMO Accept is as good as ever.Theyre one of the only bands that have successfully changed singers and didnt suffer IMO.

I listen to U.D.O. too,but I grew up listening to the very first Accept releases and U.D.O. recently said he was going to stop performing Accept tunes live....so if I wanna hear "China Lady" or "Lady Lou" or "Fast as a Shark" I need to stick with Accept.

Didn't know Udo had said this. I saw him this summer in graspop festival in Belgium. All the old Accept numbers :thumbsup:. Very good. I haven't heard Mark live. Queenryches new singer(relative) are also OK. Don't know if anyone here likes Queensryche.

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #25,337 of 29,662
Didn't know Udo had said this. I saw him this summer in graspop festival in Belgium. All the old Accept numbers :thumbsup:. Very good. I haven't heard Mark live. Queenryches new singer(relative) are also OK. Don't know if anyone here likes Queensryche.

I do  - though their last albums was excellent.

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #25,338 of 29,662

I also like Queensryche,more their debut EP,Operation Mindcrime and their all cover tunes album.
The Queensryche/Geoff Tate breakup was very messy...and from what Ive been told by people in the know,it was mostly Tate's fault...which is unfortunate because Geoff Tate is hard to replace.

I have only seen videos of "new" Accept live,but did see Accept w/ Udo back in the mid 80s...I personally like both Udo and Mark equally...Udo has more of an edge,Mark brings a bit more musical flexibility....According to Wolf Hoffman,anyways.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/video-udo-dirkschneider-kicks-off-farewell-to-accept-tour-in-norway/

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #25,339 of 29,662
I do  - though their last albums was excellent.

I also like Queensryche,more their debut EP,Operation Mindcrime and their all cover tunes album.

The Queensryche/Geoff Tate breakup was very messy...and from what Ive been told by people in the know,it was mostly Tate's fault...which is unfortunate because Geoff Tate is hard to replace.

I have only seen videos of "new" Accept live,but did see Accept w/ Udo back in the mid 80s...I personally like both Udo and Mark equally...Udo has more of an edge,Mark brings a bit more musical flexibility....According to Wolf Hoffman,anyways.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/video-udo-dirkschneider-kicks-off-farewell-to-accept-tour-in-norway/

Condition Human is not a bad album, but agree Operation Mindcrime was a masterpiece. I have read the same, Tates family taken over the hole band. Or trying to. But the new singer is not that bad, they were in Copenhagen a few month's ago. It was almost like the good old Queensryche.

Thanks for the link.

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #25,340 of 29,662
Condition Human is not a bad album, but agree Operation Mindcrime was a masterpiece. I have read the same, Tates family taken over the hole band. Or trying to. But the new singer is not that bad, they were in Copenhagen a few month's ago. It was almost like the good old Queensryche.

Thanks for the link.

I will check out Condition Human...thank you!

Youre welcome!

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #25,341 of 29,662
[Mod Comment]

Even though you guys have worked things out over the last 24 hours or so - I'm going to give a general warning.  if there is another series of off-topic posts and personal attacks, someone is taking a holiday for a while.  If it continues, I will lock this thread permanently.

• I would suggest re-reading the ToS and Posting Guidelines.
  • There is never any excuse for personal attacks - via posting, or PMs
  • People may have different view-points to your own - that is what makes us human.  Disrespect for another's personal opinion and attacking them for it (personally) make me question that humanity ......
  • Experienced posters here should know better - when I look back at the last 20-30 posts I've had to prune or edit - they are often the instigators
  • Above all - if you feel there has been a breach of the rules - simply flag the post - do not respond.  Let us handle it.  That's why we are here.

Lastly - please simply enjoy the fact that you have a vibrant thread where everyone gets a chance to discover some alternate music tastes/styles.  If everyone shows a bit more tolerance - the thread will continue to be a great resource.

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #25,343 of 29,662
To all you guys into extreme stuff,what do you think of Be'Lakor?

Im not trying to start a flame war,im genuinely wanting your opinion,as they dont fit my typical tastes,but for some reason I like them.

Thoughts?

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #25,344 of 29,662
  To all you guys into extreme stuff,what do you think of Be'Lakor?

Im not trying to start a flame war,im genuinely wanting your opinion,as they dont fit my typical tastes,but for some reason I like them.

Thoughts?

Don't get all the hype. They are good, but not great.

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #25,345 of 29,662
I find Be'lakor slightly boring. There "melodic interludes" aren't interesting enough. Interestingly they are always rated very highly on all metal websites. I tried to get into them but meh..boring.

One kickass band from the same part of the world is Ne Obliviscaris.

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #25,346 of 29,662
  I find Be'lakor slightly boring. There "melodic interludes" aren't interesting enough. Interestingly they are always rated very highly on all metal websites. I tried to get into them but meh..boring.

One kickass band from the same part of the world is Ne Obliviscaris.

I think why I like them is the fact that they have slow passages ala Opeth...any other bands to recommend that share similar characteristics?

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #25,347 of 29,662
Quote:.

I think why I like them is the fact that they have slow passages ala Opeth...any other bands to recommend that share similar characteristics?

​Give Ne Obliviscaris a try if you haven't already, especially if you like old Opeth. Also In Mourning is brilliant. A lot of people say they are basically Opeth clones, but I don't mind that.

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #25,349 of 29,662

​Give Ne Obliviscaris a try if you haven't already, especially if you like old Opeth. Also In Mourning is brilliant. A lot of people say they are basically Opeth clones, but I don't mind that.

Will do.

I thought vessels was excellent.

Just picked Vessels up...liking it

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #25,350 of 29,662

I can see me perhaps learning to appreciate Ne Obliviscaris over time...In Mourning....not sure about....

FWIW my son was listening and banging his head in the background and playing air guitar...hes HUGE into Opeth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back