Lets Talk Metal
Sep 28, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #20,791 of 29,701
  But if you say "I like electro" everyone on this planet will understand that you like electronic music. Maybe except for people who love to split hairs.

Horrible horrible music, but the album cover is just too damn funny :D

I don't get it...

Sep 28, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #20,792 of 29,701
I am actually a big fan of psy trance, especially Infected Mushroom and Shpongle are two of my fav. Infected Mushroom incorporate a lot of distortion in their tracks, quite awesome, they play with live bands too! Watched them last year. 

I searched high and low for bands like Rammstein (incorporates electronic music in metal) but with death growls. Only one I found was Blood Stain Child, they are pretty good, wouldn't mind more though!

Sep 28, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #20,793 of 29,701
  I don't get it...

There isn't really anything to get.
Just some dude in a space blanket wearing a penguin mask staring at a brain that is on top of some space blanket covered pillar in the middle of a ruin.
Nothing out of the ordinary.

Sep 28, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #20,794 of 29,701
  I am actually a big fan of psy trance, especially Infected Mushroom and Shpongle are two of my fav. Infected Mushroom incorporate a lot of distortion in their tracks, quite awesome, they play with live bands too! Watched them last year. 

I searched high and low for bands like Rammstein (incorporates electronic music in metal) but with death growls. Only one I found was Blood Stain Child, they are pretty good, wouldn't mind more though!

Look up the Trancewerks Anthems Non-Stop Mix compilation sometime. It was the first trance album I ever heard and remains my favorite.

Earlier today, I was actually explaining to someone in another thread how Rammstein is not thrash metal like he thought. I would not describe Rammstein's vocals as death growls at all. But later I might give you a list of similar bands.

Oh! And by the way, even if you do end up getting a speaker amp, you don't need to worry about buying a set of those cables for me. I'm focusing on high-end electrostats now.

There isn't really anything to get.
Just some dude in a space blanket wearing a penguin mask staring at a brain that is on top of some space blanket covered pillar in the middle of a ruin.
Nothing out of the ordinary.

That is pretty funny. The space penguin cult shall prevail! :penguin:

Sep 28, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #20,795 of 29,701

Look up the Trancewerks Anthems Non-Stop Mix compilation sometime. It was the first trance album I ever heard and remains my favorite.

Earlier today, I was actually explaining to someone in another thread how Rammstein is not thrash metal like he thought. I would not describe Rammstein's vocals as death growls at all. But later I might give you a list of similar bands.

Oh! And by the way, even if you do end up getting a speaker amp, you don't need to worry about buying a set of those cables for me. I'm focusing on high-end electrostats now.

That is pretty funny. The space penguin cult shall prevail! :penguin:

Will check that album out. yeah I am looking for Rammstein-like music BUT with death growls.

Yeah don't think I am getting a speaker amp, the M11 is kicking some major ass. 

Sep 28, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #20,796 of 29,701
  Will check that album out. yeah I am looking for Rammstein-like music BUT with death growls.

Oh, I misread what you said. Industrial metal with death growls...hmm...can't think of any off the top of my head. I can think of some with other types of distorted vocals, like screaming, yelling, black metal rasps, etc. Are those okay too?

Sep 28, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #20,797 of 29,701

Oh, I misread what you said. Industrial metal with death growls...hmm...can't think of any off the top of my head. I can think of some with other types of distorted vocals, like screaming, yelling, etc. Are those okay too?

yes that would be nice! I am guessing some symphonic black metal bands might incorporate those elements too

Sep 28, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #20,798 of 29,701
  yes that would be nice! I am guessing some symphonic black metal bands might incorporate those elements too

Okay, this is a diverse list of bands that are loosely related to (but not necessarily exactly) what you're looking for. Some only have a few songs that qualify. Most are quite a bit more extreme than Rammstein. None of these bands (except Samael at times) do the type of "dance metal" Rammstein does. You may have to listen through their discographies (and search for non-album tracks like remixes too) to get to the type of content you're looking for.

DHG (Dødheimsgard), Dimension F3H, Dimmu Borgir, Dominion III, Fear Factory, Force Is Machine, Ice Ages, Ill Niño, The Kovenant, Mudvayne, Red Harvest, Samael, Tidfall

And yes, Dimmu Borgir's song "Puritania" incorporates industrial elements.

Here are two remixes to look up:
Mudvayne: Dig [Everything And Nothing remix]
Ill Niño: What Comes Around [Day Of The Dead mix]

lol. Now that you reminded me, I'm listening to "Hallelujah" by Rammstein.

Sep 28, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #20,799 of 29,701
I discovered so much wonderful new music today. Bought four albums and not a single one of them is Metal. Most albums I purchased in recent months were not Metal or even Rock.
One of the albums has some DR17 tracks on it. That's not very common when it comes to electronic music, right?

I really see myself more as a music nerd than an audiophile. Discovering new bands and maybe even genres is just way more fun to me than all this tech talk. Don't even care about the nitty gritty sound science stuff and think that a lot of premium upgrade components are esoteric BS.
I did at first when I joined this forum but nowadays I'm pretty much only here for the people.

Sep 28, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #20,800 of 29,701
Zao is the band that got me into extreme metal back in 1999 or 2000. These two Zao albums are a must-hear for any metalhead. Although their main style is metalcore, they have influences from black metal, death metal, thrash metal, grindcore, etc. Do yourself a favor and hear both of these albums in their entirety at least once in your life! (And of course hear it in lossless or even buy the albums if you like them.)

Sep 28, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #20,801 of 29,701

I explore more old school death as a lot of new stuff is just music by numbers now-boring  badly recorded mush-i like some new stuff but prefer the old-

I can understand the 'prefer the old' and 'badly recorded' parts of that, but the music by numbers thing kind of throws me for a loop. Maybe you don't like progressive DM? A lot of the new stuff that I think is great, and in some cases outpaces old school, cannot be described as by the numbers in any way. Don't get me wrong, I really like old school stuff, but I think it's a mistake to ignore the new, cutting edge stuff that's coming out right now (and in 20 years will most likely be the 'new' old school and revered by all, heh).

You get the idea.

Sep 29, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #20,805 of 29,701

shpongle-just came across these last month-interesting-do you like any aphex twin or ozric tentacles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back