Lets Talk Metal
Sep 26, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #20,701 of 29,687
Americans like me get so confused when you put the day before the month. XD

lol @ the Shining album title. I love Shining, but have neglected to hear their entire discography.

Thanks for pointing that out. Not our Sweden favorites? You actually like the Norway band? I do not. I will edit it out?

Sep 26, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #20,702 of 29,687
Thanks for pointing that out. Not our Sweden favorites? You actually like the Norway band? I do not. I will edit it out?

Oh, I didn't even know about the existence of the Norwegian band until now. They aren't listed on Metal Archives either. I was wondering what the whole jazz reference in the album title was about, and thought it was a suspiciously amusing title for the Swedish Shining to choose. (Which, of course, they didn't.) Speaking of the Swedish Shining and Norway...did you hear about the publicity stunt Niklas Kvarforth pulled? He faked his suicide/disappearance and even had his picture put on milk cartons, but in reality went to Norway to work in a bar or something! I heard the stunt made the band more popular by giving them a bit of mainstream exposure, while he was "away"...haha.

Sep 26, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #20,703 of 29,687
  Konnichiwa! Meesa remember uuu! <3 \m/

Is that a....Jar Jar Binks reference? Please say it isn't.

That Diablo image reminded me of the PS3 game Dante's Inferno. The animated film based on the game and entitled Dante's Inferno: An Animated Epic is so metal. Must-watch movie. And of course, both are loosely based on the original poem/book published in the 14th century.

Both game and movie were as average as it gets, IMO.
Read the original story.

Oh, I didn't even know about the existence of the Norwegian band until now. They aren't listed on Metal Archives either. I was wondering what the whole jazz reference in the album title was about, and thought it was a suspiciously amusing title for the Swedish Shining to choose. (Which, of course, they didn't.) Speaking of the Swedish Shining and Norway...did you hear about the publicity stunt Niklas Kvarforth pulled? He faked his suicide/disappearance and even had his picture put on milk cartons, but in reality went to Norway to work in a bar or something! I heard the stunt made the band more popular by giving them a bit of mainstream exposure, while he was "away"...haha.

I really don't like Kvarforth and Shining. The music and this whole "blablabla kill yourself blabla" gets old after a few songs.
And don't get me started on this marketing nonsense the band pulls off constantly. Handing out razor blades at concert and **** like this. "Kvarforth can't continue the tour because he lost too much blood". Suuuuure.

Sep 26, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #20,704 of 29,687

Read the original story.

I really don't like Kvarforth and Shining. The music and this whole "blablabla kill yourself blabla" gets old after a few songs.

And don't get me started on this marketing nonsense the band pulls off constantly. Handing out razor blades at concert and **** like this. "Kvarforth can't continue the tour because he lost too much blood". Suuuuure.

The Norway band were talking about was rejected from Encyclopedia Metalium due to their Jazz influence. Don't know why I originally included it? I actually have the Swedish bands new release. They do have some great past records.

They are less depressing than some?

Here is all 53.55 of it! Maybe not as consistent as the early stuff, but nice at moments none the less?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lOvgSW_Glpw

Sep 26, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #20,705 of 29,687

Read the original story.

I actually hate Jar Jar Binks, but thought it would be funny if I randomly said that.

Meh! Well, it's a hack 'n' slash gorefest, so it isn't so much about quality per se. I have the book too.

As you surely know by now, all I care about is the music, in the end. Everything else is just background info that may or may not contribute to the experience. But since you did say you don't like the music itself...I would be pretty interested in your "top ten metal albums" lists in various genres.

Sep 26, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #20,706 of 29,687

I actually hate Jar Jar Binks, but thought it would be funny if I randomly said that.

Meh! Well, it's a hack 'n' slash gorefest, so it isn't so much about quality per se. I have the book too.

As you surely know by now, all I care about is the music, in the end. Everything else is just background info that may or may not contribute to the experience. But since you did say you don't like the music itself...I would be pretty interested in your "top ten metal albums" lists in various genres.

That life form has annoyed me from the moment I saw em?

Sep 26, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #20,708 of 29,687
Nice to see someone continue with industrial like Front 242.
New ESC album "Sandwalkers" released 9/25/15!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AlJyAJ8Wuw8

Above is the album in full.

Sep 26, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #20,709 of 29,687
Nice to see someone continue with industrial like Front 242.
New ESC album "Sandwalkers" released 9/25/15!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AlJyAJ8Wuw8

Above is the album in full.

I like this! Not exactly metal, though.

Here's some industrial black metal by the same guy behind Amestigon and Dargaard. (And who was also Abigor's first vocalist, but only on their demos.)

Sep 26, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #20,710 of 29,687

I would be pretty interested in your "top ten metal albums" lists in various genres.

But with fantastic source material like this you really HAVE to be all about quality, if you ask me. It's almost as if they just slapped a Divine Comedy skin on a schiitty DMC clone.

Top ten is too bothersome. Might make a top five.

Sep 26, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #20,711 of 29,687
  But with fantastic source material like this you really HAVE to be all about quality, if you ask me. It's almost as if they just slapped a Divine Comedy skin on a schiitty DMC clone.

Top ten is too bothersome. Might make a top five.

It's kinda like manga and anime. The anime is rarely anywhere near as good as the original manga. Blame the producers, I guess...

That works! Lookin' forward to it.

Sep 26, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #20,712 of 29,687

It looks like 2015 has been the year of the unknown Thrash Band. It seems we are getting releases from all over the world as well as new bands from America. I will try and do a review of the new top 25 Thrash releases for 2015 right here in this thread!

Sep 26, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #20,713 of 29,687
I like this! Not exactly metal, though.

Here's some industrial black metal by the same guy behind Amestigon and Dargaard. (And who was also Abigor's first vocalist, but only on their demos.)

Not metal at all. Still one of our favorite genre influences!

Sep 26, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #20,715 of 29,687
No matter how much we wish, Metalcore will not just go away?

This came Sept 18th, 2015

Users who are viewing this thread

Back