Lets Talk Metal
Aug 8, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #19,907 of 29,660
embarrassed to admit that this is the first time ive heard this-gr8 stuff

First I found was I Am The Black Wizards.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YgQRRI9goFg

Aug 8, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #19,909 of 29,660
Emperor's old stuff is classic. Make sure to go through their discography sometime.

Now days if you find the self titled EP it comes with the Wrath of the Tyrant demo, which makes a nice full album though the recording quality is that 93-94 cold thin sound.

After that there is four albums with the last one being not that need. So really there is only three to get, if you don't count the EP/demo album?

One nice live DVD from 2000,http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Emperor/Emperial_Live_Ceremony/97

Unless you are interested in finding the EP/Split albums.

Aug 9, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #19,911 of 29,660
  embarrassed to admit that this is the first time ive heard this-gr8 stuff

Im sry but i should have mentioned that ive got all of emperors works.i missed out on this though-i just love the rawness .......thanks
 Wrath of the Tyrant demo,-ive got it but aint heard it yet

Aug 10, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #19,915 of 29,660
  I thought these guys were a random deathcore band full of breakdowns.

Boy I was wrong, this album is something else.

This album and this thread right here have a deeper history than you might think
confused_face.gif

Aug 10, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #19,916 of 29,660
  This album and this thread right here have a deeper history than you might think
confused_face.gif

The compression thing? It's a gross overreaction IMO.

I mean, sure the album has no dynamic range, but at least it sounds good. That's a damn dense mix and they managed it much better than Wintersun or Blind Guardian latests.

It sounds clean and I can hear everything. Sure, better production would have been nice but it's listenable as it is.

All in all, I just don't see the fuss about this album in particular when so many others are much worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back