Lets Talk Metal
Jun 29, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #19,651 of 29,676
  Fortunately I can't ******* stand anything to do with anime. So we're good.

He is keeping clear of the anime thread, no worries.

Jun 29, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #19,652 of 29,676
  Really good headphones, not the kind of sound I like. I thought they worked well with Jazz and Rock but not so much with Metal (especially not stuff like Bongripper).
All of them did sound pretty much the same to me. Improvements from model to model are hard to notice. The higher up ones are not really worth their money, if you ask me (and many other people outside summit-fi :p).
They do punch above their price point, yes.

I'll have to hear the others before making an assessment. But I love this SR-30 with everything I've thrown at it! So crazy that I got it in a trade for some of my CDs.

Fortunately I can't ******* stand anything to do with anime. So we're good.

He is keeping clear of the anime thread, no worries.

Yeah, I haven't posted in AAMML in quite some time now, primarily due to the fact that it was stealing all my time away from me to keep up with the endless posts. I'll come back eventually, once I'm not so busy with other things...

Jun 29, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #19,653 of 29,676
Don't really like Thy Art Is Murder, but I appreciate how straightforward this video is.

Jun 29, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #19,654 of 29,676
  http://www.guitarworld.com/my-war-leviathans-jef-whitehead-discusses-scar-sighted-his-biggest-influences-and-why-he-still-wont-tour

For those Leviathan fans out there, an interview with Wrest. God damn his Monson looks gorgeous!

Good read. Interesting dude.

Jun 30, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #19,656 of 29,676
Stumbled upon The Armed on amg. Face hasn't been this melted since SYL

http://thearmed.bandcamp.com/album/untitled

I didn't particularly like the songs I heard on their Bandcamp, but I listened to it on my phone so not the best way to judge it. Mainly it's the screaming hard-core style vocals. One thing I will say though... I really hope amg picks it as their record of the month so that we all have that guy staring at us from the page borders as he solemnly smokes his cigarette.

Jun 30, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #19,657 of 29,676

No, it's the $29 Kogan. There is a thread about them here. One guy changed his battery and now gets almost 21 hours of playback. I use the $19 Edifier H285 IEM and they add some bass lacking with the Kogan SQ. Cool because I don't have to worry about breaking it and it is really small and lite weight.

Jun 30, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #19,658 of 29,676
  Stumbled upon The Armed on amg. Face hasn't been this melted since SYL

http://thearmed.bandcamp.com/album/untitled

+1

I hope you already got their Spreading Joy EP? That was my gateway drug by way of a gut punch back in the day. They remind me of a Converge-ified version of New Hopes, New Demonstrations by The Ghost of a Thousand, which is one of my favorite albums of the 00s.

Jun 30, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #19,659 of 29,676

No, it's the $29 Kogan. There is a thread about them here. One guy changed his battery and now gets almost 21 hours of playback. I use the $19 Edifier H285 IEM and they add some bass lacking with the Kogan SQ. Cool because I don't have to worry about breaking it and it is really small and lite weight.

cOOL stuff.My rig is the ipod first gen shuffle(no face)and the px 100-huge bass,loud and clear sound. 

Jun 30, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #19,660 of 29,676
cOOL stuff.My rig is the ipod first gen shuffle(no face)and the px 100-huge bass,loud and clear sound. 

They don't sell the PX 100 here but the Sennheiser PX80. I do want to get a pair!

Cheers!

Jul 1, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #19,661 of 29,676
I didn't particularly like the songs I heard on their Bandcamp, but I listened to it on my phone so not the best way to judge it. Mainly it's the screaming hard-core style vocals. One thing I will say though... I really hope amg picks it as their record of the month so that we all have that guy staring at us from the page borders as he solemnly smokes his cigarette.

It is a strangely eye catching cover among all the other metal ones. Its almost like everyone else is trying too hard.

Jul 1, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #19,662 of 29,676

It is a strangely eye catching cover among all the other metal ones. Its almost like everyone else is trying too hard.

Not sulphur aeon... That nautical nightmare of a cover is a true work of art. But yeah, I agree for the most part, especially when it comes to a lot of technical death metal and death core cover art.

Jul 1, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #19,663 of 29,676

+1

I hope you already got their Spreading Joy EP? That was my gateway drug by way of a gut punch back in the day. They remind me of a Converge-ified version of New Hopes, New Demonstrations by The Ghost of a Thousand, which is one of my favorite albums of the 00s.

Spreading Joy is pretty great. Sounds more straightforward thrashy. New album feels fresher to me for now, with almost pop punk melodies laid into the metal attack.
Will have to check out the other bands you mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back