Lets Talk Metal
Feb 12, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #17,688 of 29,678

confused_face(1).gif
  So, Beyond Creation. I've been trying to get into these guys, and to be perfectly honest, it's weird. The music is intriguing at best, but not as, engaging as others?

It's literally the first time I can say 'I want to be into this band' but I just can't for some reason.

Feb 12, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #17,689 of 29,678
Feb 12, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #17,692 of 29,678

confused_face(1).gif
  So, Beyond Creation. I've been trying to get into these guys, and to be perfectly honest, it's weird. The music is intriguing at best, but not as, engaging as others?

It's literally the first time I can say 'I want to be into this band' but I just can't for some reason.

Noooooooooooo. Beyond Creation - Aura is perhaps the best Tech Death album ever...
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #17,693 of 29,678

Those look very metal?

We get electronics from India here on Bali Island. Some of our cars and stereos are the same for reasons I don't know.

I purchased mine at a phone store in Denpasar Bali.

So for $9 they were pretty good, considering I can listen to em for 5 hours straight and not dislike them.

They can be on the bass and warm side of flat. A V signature. Still very good at head-stage. I was listening to an MP3 of Deaths Symbolic with my Kogan and it was amazing this AM.

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #17,694 of 29,678

confused_face(1).gif

I've thought that ever since the first time I heard them... I still make myself listen to a few songs every now and again because it feels like I'm just missing something. It's like I can tell how much cool stuff is in there, but it just isn't coming together for me.

Or maybe it's just the bass captivating me 
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #17,695 of 29,678
  I love these guys.

Similar bands like....?

Obscura, Nechrophagist, Fallujah (if one can count them, Dawn of Dementia (just a few, I'v recently entered into a tech-death phase it seems
tongue.gif
 )

Noooooooooooo. Beyond Creation - Aura is perhaps the best Tech Death album ever...
biggrin.gif

I've thought that ever since the first time I heard them... I still make myself listen to a few songs every now and again because it feels like I'm just missing something. It's like I can tell how much cool stuff is in there, but it just isn't coming together for me.

Or maybe it's just the bass captivating me 
biggrin.gif

It's definitely good, and part of my brain knows it, which is why I get the urge to listen to the albums. It's just not as........... chaotic? ~raw?? it seems a bit tame??? in comparison to the other bands I've mentioned

I really have only scratched the surface of this latest craze, but this is one band that sticks out in a way I haven't dealt with before 
triportsad.gif

Feb 13, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #17,696 of 29,678
  Obscura, Nechrophagist, Fallujah (if one can count them, Dawn of Dementia (just a few, I'v recently entered into a tech-death phase it seems
tongue.gif
 )

Beyond Creation is far away from being my favorite Tech Death band. I still enjoy them a whole lot though.

Guess you need more Origin ♥

and Decrepit Birth.

Feb 13, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #17,697 of 29,678
tongue.gif
 )

It's definitely good, and part of my brain knows it, which is why I get the urge to listen to the albums. It's just not as........... chaotic? ~raw?? it seems a bit tame??? in comparison to the other bands I've mentioned

I really have only scratched the surface of this latest craze, but this is one band that sticks out in a way I haven't dealt with before 
triportsad.gif

Oh yeah!! Agreed that Obscura, Necrophagist, Fallujah, Psycroptic, Gorod, Archspire, Artificial Brain, Decrepit Birth, Demilich, Soreption, The Faceless and Vale Of Pnath and even a few more that I don't remember now are good.

But for me, Beyond Creation - The Aura is the ultimate Tech Death metal album. I don't know why.

Feb 13, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #17,699 of 29,678
Beyond Creation is far away from being my favorite Tech Death band. I still enjoy them a whole lot though.

Guess you need more Origin ♥

and Decrepit Birth.

Lol. How could I forget Origin. I'v been jammin Omnipresent since I picked it up Christmas :D

Oh yeah!! Agreed that Obscura, Necrophagist, Fallujah, Psycroptic, Gorod, Archspire, Artificial Brain, Decrepit Birth, Demilich, Soreption, The Faceless and Vale Of Pnath and even a few more that I don't remember now are good.

But for me, Beyond Creation - The Aura is the ultimate Tech Death metal album. I don't know why.

ooow I have my work cut out for me. All them bands :] this gonna be good

Feb 13, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #17,700 of 29,678
New DHG void of any song stucture, like a big 15 min abstract painting. I guess this sound would have been expected after their last album Dirty?

Experimental and still underground and noncommercial to say the least. Not for all listeners as it can make us respect the orthodox BM template more at moments. They have left the industrial sound for a more organic run here. My favorite parts are the over the top classic drums in spades. The drums....lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back