Lets Talk Metal
Aug 26, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #16,247 of 29,662
No question his personal beliefs are deplorable.

Reason enough for me to not buy anything he ever made....this and the fact that I don't like Burzum :p
I really don't understand how people can buy **** like Absurd or Satanic Warmaster just because they "like the music".

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #16,248 of 29,662
 Varg is an absolute character (and caricature) in black metal history.  burzum was never that interesting musically...

I have never..............I don't think you truly understand what his style actually did to influence and change the genre? He is the father of Black Metal. Your statement comes off as almost ......I'm without words.[/quote]

i don't find burzum very interesting musically, historically of course!!!  LOL don't know what else to say....maybe more appropriate to say that i don't personally enjoy burzum all that much.  i do own quite a bit of his stuff

i find Varg as a character much more interesting and i acknowledge his place in history (he wrote for half the seminal BM bands!).  i do like filosofem but i'd rather listen to emporer or darkthrone (or even bathory)

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #16,249 of 29,662
  Reason enough for me to not buy anything he ever made....this and the fact that I don't like Burzum :p
I really don't understand how people can buy **** like Absurd or Satanic Warmaster just because they "like the music".

Because the music is all that matters to me. I don't care whether they worship Jesus, Satan, Allah, Zeus, or their pet sock.

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #16,250 of 29,662

Because the music is all that matters to me. I don't care whether they worship Jesus, Satan, Allah, Zeus, or their pet sock.

And you are okay with giving money to Nazis? Supporting them?

Aug 26, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #16,252 of 29,662

What do these neo-Nazi musicians do exactly?

And could you list which ones fall under this classification?

Spreading their disgusting ********?

What makes a band a nazi/facist/racist one? Fairly obvious if you ask me.

Aug 26, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #16,254 of 29,662
i don't find burzum very interesting musically, historically of course!!!  LOL don't know what else to say....maybe more appropriate to say that i don't personally enjoy burzum all that much.  i do own quite a bit of his stuff

i find Varg as a character much more interesting and i acknowledge his place in history (he wrote for half the seminal BM bands!).  i do like filosofem but i'd rather listen to emporer or darkthrone (or even bathory)

I think it is totally sad to see the before and after photographs of those ancient churches and the fact that those communities lost those gathering places. Still I'm a pacifist, but realize the origin of Black Metal has to be looked at as a whole. The ideology is completely inert into the original genre. All the bands at ground zero had the same views but then we saw divergence. We even saw divergence with Burzum's own stated beliefs?

I just look at the early albums as art, though if I had a 16 year-old son and saw he was taking it all very extreme, it would worry me.

I could care less about Burzum's views, I just find his music interesting, though not always from an entertaining standpoint but from a genre archeology place. I do understand where your coming from.

To me he is not a famous character but I do see how he could be in people's minds.

Aug 26, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #16,255 of 29,662

In other words, all they do is exercise their right to freedom of speech.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall

I acknowledge their right to say all these foul and horrible things. But that doesn't mean that it is okay to support them. That is the thing that a lot of people don't seem to get. If you are buying stuff from such a band, you make it possible for them to go on and keep spreading all their hate and lies. How can a sane person do something like this?
Would you buy stuff from the KKK or the Al Qaida?

Aug 26, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #16,256 of 29,662
  I acknowledge their right to say all these foul and horrible things. But that doesn't mean that it is okay to support them. That is the thing that a lot of people don't seem to get. If you are buying stuff from such a band, you make it possible for them to go on and keep spreading all their hate and lies. How can a sane person do something like this?
Would you buy stuff from the KKK or the Al Qaida?

But those organizations perform actual violent acts. What do the bands do? Talk.

And they can spread "hate and lies" for free on the Internet regardless of how many people buy their music. I simply don't care. If I like an album, I might buy it. End of story.

Aug 26, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #16,257 of 29,662

screw** A! I love Evergrey. Thanks for sharing this, I've been waiting for new material for a while. This is their best guitar solo in a long time too! I'm glad the intro ("The Awakening") was put on another track. In Search Of Truth will probably remain my favorite, though.

One of my friend heard the new album and he told me that it's their best since In Search Of Truth !

Aug 26, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #16,258 of 29,662
  And they can spread "hate and lies" for free on the Internet regardless of how many people buy their music. I simply don't care. If I like an album, I might buy it. End of story.

Just keep on looking away. Excellent attitude. The world needs more people like you.
Peace out.

Aug 26, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #16,259 of 29,662
New Opeth arrived yesterday. Sounds good. I like it as a prog album, but it just isn't Opeth. I'm excited about the Blu-Ray included!

Only listened on my way to work this morning. I'll need a few sessions...

Aug 26, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #16,260 of 29,662
  New Opeth arrived yesterday. Sounds good. I like it as a prog album, but it just isn't Opeth.

Hmmm I think it still has some of the good old twisted and sinister Opeth undertone going on.

Some good (or at least decent) new music!

Tech Death
http://hadalmaw.bandcamp.com/

Prog Black Sludge or whatever
https://deterior.bandcamp.com/album/human-dust

Really nice proggy Psychedelic Stoner goodness
http://heterodox.bandcamp.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back