Lets Talk Metal
Aug 26, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #16,231 of 29,662
Filosofem is a classic. It's hard for me to really stomach that but I would have to agree with the critics. His work is definitely uneven and his recent 2014 effort is laughable.

And Varg is just one of the biggest pieces of **** in the entire Metal scene.

Aug 26, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #16,232 of 29,662
91FXOHp0fDL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm liking this album...in a Primordial kind of way. I think it's pretty solid.

So, what was the general consensus w/ new Opeth? Anyone had some time with it over repeated listens?

Aug 26, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #16,233 of 29,662
  So, what was the general consensus w/ new Opeth? Anyone had some time with it over repeated listens?

I like it. More than Heritage, Orchid, Morningrise and maybe Damnation.

Aug 26, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #16,234 of 29,662
I'm liking this album...in a Primordial kind of way. I think it's pretty solid.

One critical listen so far....will be the last for a while. Totally not my thing, but I like it better than heritage at first listen

Aug 26, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #16,235 of 29,662

​
One critical listen so far....will be the last for a while. Totally not my thing, but I like it better than heritage at first listen

Me too. I think I might like Pale Communion alot but not right now. Highres-download available somewhere? I found a shady German shop with no credits to anywhere so had to pass up.

Aug 26, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #16,238 of 29,662
  Me too. I think I might like Pale Communion alot but not right now. Highres-download available somewhere? I found a shady German shop with no credits to anywhere so had to pass up.

Thanks for the input fellas.

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #16,242 of 29,662
  HA HA, totally agree. He is better scary, like these scary animals.

and totally unrelated, i disagree about burzum.  Varg is an absolute character (and caricature) in black metal history.  burzum was never that interesting musically...

Filosofem is a classic. It's hard for me to really stomach that but I would have to agree with the critics. His work is definitely uneven and his recent 2014 effort is laughable.

I haven't even heard his last two albums. Umskiptar (which I foolishly paid for) was one of the most boring things I've ever heard, so at least it would be easy for him to top that. Some of his older albums are still fun to listen to. I actually really enjoyed Hliðskjálf too.

And Varg is just one of the biggest pieces of **** in the entire Metal scene.

No question his personal beliefs are deplorable.

I used to read his website. It was funny seeing him change his mind about his own philosophy every other month.

To his credit, the guy has done a ton of research into mythology, which is mildly interesting.

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #16,244 of 29,662
 Varg is an absolute character (and caricature) in black metal history.  burzum was never that interesting musically...
[/quote]

I have never..............I don't think you truly understand what his style actually did to influence and change the genre? He is the father of Black Metal. Your statement comes off as almost ......I'm without words.

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #16,245 of 29,662
  New Evergrey single sounds great!

screw** A! I love Evergrey. Thanks for sharing this, I've been waiting for new material for a while. This is their best guitar solo in a long time too! I'm glad the intro ("The Awakening") was put on another track. In Search Of Truth will probably remain my favorite, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back