Lets Talk Metal
Aug 6, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #15,796 of 29,664
Sooo....you don't happen to get a digital copy of your Blood Music purchase, do you? :frowning2:
I kind of don't want to rip that thing myself (with my non-existent turntable).

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #15,797 of 29,664
  Saw Down yesterday in Amsterdam. It was glorious.

Down at Maryland Deathfest last year was definitely incredible. I actually wasn't a big fan of Down before. I mean I like Anselmo and Pantera's got their place in history, but I rarely listen to their music. The live experience? Holy crap. 

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #15,798 of 29,664

Start with Harvest Floor and go to their newer from there. Older albums were... not the best.

But holy hell are they awesome live. 

Eh, I like goregrind and grindcore so the older stuff is great personally (Humanure is killer)

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #15,800 of 29,664
I'm not a grindcore guy at all, but I'll buy stuff that's highly recommended regardless of genre. I"ve really enjoyed-well that's probably not the right word exactly-appreciated-the last Cattle Decapitation album-vocally it's almost the way I feel about Atilla's performance on this year's Mayem-just an over the top tour de force-and also enjoy Pig Destroyer's last-I think that was from 2012---I'm close to Baltimore- and they throw in a lot of street names and stuff I'm familiar w/ which is cool.

But for a on and off again-kind of fair weather DM fan-I give CD a total thumbs up for someone like me who is just an all around metal fan regardless of genre.

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #15,801 of 29,664
  I'm not a grindcore guy at all, but I'll buy stuff that's highly recommended regardless of genre. I"ve really enjoyed-well that's probably not the right word exactly-appreciated-the last Cattle Decapitation album-vocally it's almost the way I feel about Atilla's performance on this year's Mayem-just an over the top tour de force-and also enjoy Pig Destroyer's last-I think that was from 2012---I'm close to Baltimore- and they throw in a lot of street names and stuff I'm familiar w/ which is cool.

But for a on and off again-kind of fair weather DM fan-I give CD a total thumbs up for someone like me who is just an all around metal fan regardless of genre.

I still need to check out all the newer Mayhem albums! Haven't heard that band in forever...

We were talking about Moonspell earlier. A few nights ago, I was reminded how Omega White (included as a bonus with the limited edition of Alpha Noir - I also typed up the lyrics on that link) is such a solid gothic metal album. It's more mellow, but has better songwriting than most of their material, in my opinion. Night Eternal is still my favorite, though.

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #15,802 of 29,664

I'm gonna commit blasphemy and say that Book Burner is far and away my least favorite PxDx album. Musically it's fine, but the lyrics are such a letdown. 

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #15,806 of 29,664

I understood ya, buddy! I quoted their lyrics to add to the moment.

I've bought all their albums (except the newest one) and like them all - just not as much as Follow The Reaper.

lol cool-the new one is good in my opinion.obviously no wear near their peak 

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #15,809 of 29,664
http://www.metal-observer.com/3.o/review/nachtmystium-the-world-we-left-behind/

This is not a swan song IMO. This is not a sawn song.

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #15,810 of 29,664
recent plays-diverse lol
UK SUBS             BRAND NEW AGE        JUL-14
cocteau twins       GARLANDS             JUL-14
COSMIC JOKERS       ST                   JUL-14  
BOLT THROWER        1V CRUSADE(L)        JUL-14
EXODUS              SHOVEL(L)            JUL-14
GONG                YOU                  JUL-14
INCANTATION         DIABOLICAL CONQUEST
suffocation         pinnacle
satyricon           shadowthrone
gutted              Bleed for Us to Live
green day           dookie 
excruciate          passage of life
vintersorg          till fjalls
dimmu borgir        stormblast
children of bodom   are you dead yet
jethro tull         warchild
absu                tara
clitgore            the final 
corrosion of conformity   eye for eye
death               human
DR KNOW             BURN 7" 
misery index        killing gods
disrupt             unrest
DEMENTED ARE GO     HELLUCIFERNATION
cosmic jokers       cosmic jokers
j  j                oxygen
malevolent creation    stillborn
miles davis           kind of blue
ash ra temple         schwingungen (( rip))
eye hate god        take as needed for pain
RIFF RAFF            GIVE THE DEAD 
dirupt               unrest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back