Lets Talk Metal
Jul 24, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #15,436 of 29,663
First post!

I'm thinking my metal tastes don't quite live up to the brutality of this thread, but there's no thread devoted to metallish bands, so I'll post here. Lol.

Seen some good things in the last few pages, especially Fallujah. That new album, musically, is incredible.

Not sure if you guys mentioned them earlier or not, but I've been really digging the new Monuments album. The new singer is fantastic, imho. [VIDEO]www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVuJ2HpAMkM
[/VIDEO]

Hopefully that worked. YouTube is blocked on the work server. Lol.

Jul 24, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #15,438 of 29,663
I was waiting till I got home to listen to this, and man is that song a beast! color me stoked for the new record

We are so lucky. They are most likely going to be a band that only comes out with records every couple years but all will be quality.

Jul 24, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #15,439 of 29,663
  Who else likes Moonspell?

They're my favorite gothic metal band, and the only Portuguese band I know. (I'm 25% Portuguese.)

I picked up a couple of their albums in the early 2K's-the Antidote and Memorial-liked them at the time as I was getting into goth tinged symphonic metal-Therion, Tistania-even though their not symphonic. Haven't listened to them in a few years....thanks for the reminder.

Recent posts-I'll have to check out Vastum, I really liked their first two-kind of old schoolish DM I usually dig and love Reverend Bizarre. It's good to get a poke to dust off some stuff I just haven't listened to in too long!

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #15,440 of 29,663
  I picked up a couple of their albums in the early 2K's-the Antidote and Memorial-liked them at the time as I was getting into goth tinged symphonic metal-Therion, Tistania-even though their not symphonic. Haven't listened to them in a few years....thanks for the reminder.

Night Eternal is by far my favorite Moonspell album - make sure you hear it!

Tristania is my second favorite gothic metal band. :)

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #15,441 of 29,663
First post!

I'm thinking my metal tastes don't quite live up to the brutality of this thread, but there's no thread devoted to metallish bands, so I'll post here. Lol.

Seen some good things in the last few pages, especially Fallujah. That new album, musically, is incredible.

Not sure if you guys mentioned them earlier or not, but I've been really digging the new Monuments album. The new singer is fantastic, imho.

Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry for your wallet :)

I'm not really into Djent but the vocals are indeed pretty cool. Like a really calm version of the Protest the Hero guy.

Jul 24, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #15,442 of 29,663
First post!

Not sure if you guys mentioned them earlier or not, but I've been really digging the new Monuments album. The new singer is fantastic, imho.

Maybe, you like these as well?

Jul 24, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #15,443 of 29,663
First post!

That was pretty cool, I'll give the album a try. Listen to this if you haven't:

Jul 24, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #15,444 of 29,663
Maybe, you like these as well?

Yes I do. :D big fan of this style because they seem to really care about the mix and production almost as much as the music itself.

That was pretty cool, I'll give the album a try. Listen to this if you haven't:

Sick! That's definitely going in the "buy" pile. Thanks for the recommendation!

Jul 24, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #15,445 of 29,663
Hey guys me and my brother are some serious metal heads and he's looking for some new iems. Preferably under or around $100

He's so far been looking at the JVC ha fxt90 and the Sony xba h1

He listens to stuff like carnifex and bury your dead. Thought u guys would have some insight thanks

Jul 24, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #15,446 of 29,663
Hey guys me and my brother are some serious metal heads and he's looking for some new iems. Preferably under or around $100

He's so far been looking at the JVC ha fxt90 and the Sony xba h1

He listens to stuff like carnifex and bury your dead. Thought u guys would have some insight thanks

VSD-1S is the best budget IEM by far for metal. I think so....

Jul 24, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #15,448 of 29,663

periphery is sadly underrated IMO.  Amazing talents in that band and they put out solid material every time

Underrated?!
I don't think there is a single Djent fan out there who doesn't know Periphery.

Jul 24, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #15,449 of 29,663
  Underrated?!

I'm not sure I even know what Djent means other than some kind of influence from Meshuggah. But, I thought last year's Tesseract album was a very enjoyable prog metal album veering on pop hard rock. But, it sounded good to these ears and I spin it regularly.

Jul 24, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #15,450 of 29,663
  Underrated?!

i don't know what a 'Djent fan' really is (is that like mallcore?) but none of my metalhead friends had even heard of periphery, and at least around here there's very little publicity or anything surrounding those kids.  on the flipside, i don't know a single metal head personally that hasn't heard of august burns red (since we were just talking about them a few pages ago)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back