Jul 15, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #15,181 of 29,664

T-shirts I bought:

Abominable Purtidity:

Decapitated:

Devourement

Aborted

Nile

Radiohead

That was the tour I saw. Hard to believe it was almost 10 years ago. Both their best album and top form for the band.

Jul 15, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #15,183 of 29,664
Did they just delete everything on Fb related to the discussion??

Could be and image thing to make people forget. That kind of feedback confuses people and affects sales for sure.

Jul 15, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #15,184 of 29,664
I would like to apologise in advance for those outside of Europe or otherwise unable to attend:

Honestly, I would have been extatic just being able to see Ulcerate, Wormed or Gigan. All three, possibly several times in the same tour, is just incomprehensible.

Jul 15, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #15,185 of 29,664
Jul 15, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #15,186 of 29,664
  Here's a CD on sale if someone is still in doubts of this being a pretty decent record!
http://www.opeth.com/home/news/item/196-black-water-park-legacy-edition

Mikael has received an award for being a generally awesum rocker so this is their chance sell more of BWP.

I got this version just to downsample the 5.1 mix.
Sounds mighty fine and is way more dynamic.

Yeah, they totally deleted our whole conversation on FB
confused_face.gif

Jul 15, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #15,187 of 29,664

[rule]Yeah, they totally deleted our whole conversation on FB :confused_face:
[/quot

I mixed down the 5.1 of Still Life. I have enough copies of BWP?

Jul 15, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #15,188 of 29,664

Yeah, they totally deleted our whole conversation on FB
confused_face.gif

[/quot

I mixed down the 5.1 of Still Life. I have enough copies of BWP?

Yeah, did the same thing with Still Life. Well worth it IMO.

Fallujahs initial response to my FB message is comedy gold:

Jul 15, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #15,190 of 29,664
http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=23952

This new Goatwhore vid is da real deal. My metal fix for the day.

Jul 15, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #15,192 of 29,664
How's the 5.1? Nothing, I mean nothing, sounds as good as a well done 5.1 mix. I'm not a huge Opeth fan but bwp is my favorite of theirs and I'm a huge sucker for a proper multichannel

I'm not a fan of 5.1 music. No disrespect to anyone who likes it. I think Opeth vinyl sounds best. The 5.1 mix is just this extra I received with the Still Life remaster. I don't think I ever played it on the home theater. I did the mix down just to see if it worked and sounds good. I was actually wondering if it would sound weird. Amazingly it sounded good. I remember hearing new stuff in my mix down, wondering if it was better than the CD or just different.
I remember hearing a Steely Dan multichannel mix where every instrument was being played in its own area in the room. Is that how a good 5.1 always sounds?

My 5.1 setups have never been as good as my 2 channel setups.

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #15,193 of 29,664
  I would like to apologise in advance for those outside of Europe or otherwise unable to attend:

Honestly, I would have been extatic just being able to see Ulcerate, Wormed or Gigan. All three, possibly several times in the same tour, is just incomprehensible.

That is quite the mind blowing line up. I really like that wild, all over the place tech death style a lot. Let us know how the show was if you go!

Jul 15, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #15,195 of 29,664
I'm not a fan of 5.1 music. No disrespect to anyone who likes it. I think Opeth vinyl sounds best. The 5.1 mix is just this extra I received with the Still Life remaster. I don't think I ever played it on the home theater. I did the mix down just to see if it worked and sounds good. I was actually wondering if it would sound weird. Amazingly it sounded good. I remember hearing new stuff in my mix down, wondering if it was better than the CD or just different.
I remember hearing a Steely Dan multichannel mix where every instrument was being played in its own area in the room. Is that how a good 5.1 always sounds?

My 5.1 setups have never been as good as my 2 channel setups.

My multichannel setup utterly destroys every 2 channel I've ever heard (at least I should say, for immersion in the sound. My speakers certainly aren't up to par with the best). Modern DSP are excellent, even 2 channel recordings expanded artificially nearly always (not always, but majority) sound incomparably better than playing them 2 channel. True recorded 5.1 blows my mind...of course it depends on how it was recorded but talk about immersion and instrument separation. A multichannel system for music is NOT plug n play like a lot of home theatre however...it's taken months to get levels and speaker EQ's matched across all channels and I'm still not entirely settled with it.

To each his own, and all respect to purists everywhere but I'll never pursue 2 channel audio again. I have headphones for that :)

On that note I just ordered the black water park 5.1 from Amazon and I can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back