Lets Talk Metal
Jul 14, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #15,166 of 29,664

1.  If somebody seriously wants a audiophile version of the record that's super quiet(un-loudnessed)

He just doesn't get it. This has NOTHING to do with B.S. audiophilism

Jul 14, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #15,167 of 29,664

He just doesn't get it. This has NOTHING to do with B.S. audiophilism

Btw.. I am posting through my friends profile as well (Santosh Kumar), who doesn't hear any form of metal and has no idea about DR

Jul 14, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #15,168 of 29,664
  I think the revolution on Facebook has already started.

So apparently you guys did an awesome job at ruining this amazing album by screwing up the mastering BIG TIMES. Marvelous. Dynamic Range 3? That is abyssmal.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcKDMBuGodU

Oh great....
That's my post btw :D

Well, I would really acknowledge if you people can help me comming up with a witty comeback
ph34r.gif

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #15,169 of 29,664
  Oh great....
That's my post btw :D

Well, I would really acknowledge if you people can help me comming up with a witty comeback
ph34r.gif

Tell him about AMG, since the CD is still a pre-order, I am pretty sure AMG would have received a CD copy for review...

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #15,170 of 29,664
  Tell him about AMG, since the CD is still a pre-order, I am pretty sure AMG would have received a CD copy for review...

Yes AMG is a good idea. There already are people out there who have the CD and complain about the sound. I for one will not be getting this CD just to prove an obvious point. I ordered the vinyl version and that has to be it.

EDIT: This is fun in some way :D we are fighting the war right know! Imagine if we could get them to release a high dynamic master of the album as he hinted at it...

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #15,171 of 29,664

Yes AMG is a good idea. There already are people out there who have the CD and complain about the sound. I for one will not be getting this CD just to prove an obvious point. I ordered the vinyl version and that has to be it.

EDIT: This is fun in some way :D we are fighting the war right know! Imagine if we could get them to release a high dynamic master of the album as he hinted at it...

My friend 'Santosh' is wondering, what all this means .. LOL!!!!

Zack Ohren Santosh is absolutely right about one thing. It will takes bands coming to me(and other engineers) saying "use absolutely no loudness on our record at all" to start changing this. When as of now bands can have a loud record that sounds close to identical to the much quieter version 100% of the time the band chooses loud.

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #15,172 of 29,664
  My friend 'Santosh' is wondering, what all this means .. LOL!!!!

Zack Ohren Santosh is absolutely right about one thing. It will takes bands coming to me(and other engineers) saying "use absolutely no loudness on our record at all" to start changing this. When as of now bands can have a loud record that sounds close to identical to the much quieter version 100% of the time the band chooses loud.

loool :D

come on guys...post some nice constructive stuff...i´m alone right now there :D

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #15,173 of 29,664

loool :D

come on guys...post some nice constructive stuff...i´m alone right now there :D

I could spam some Metal-Fi articles.....

I hope they really consider putting up a digital "silent"-version of the album for purchase. What harm would it do?

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #15,175 of 29,664
So the guy who is responsible for Fallujahs DR3 agreed to send the band a different mix so they can maybe put it up on Bandcamp or somewhere else to purchase.
That's something, I guess!

I'll say this, I'm going ahead and sending it over to the band. If nothing else, they can do as they please.
-Zack Ohren

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #15,176 of 29,664
  So the guy who is responsible for Fallujahs DR3 agreed to send the band a different mix so they can maybe put it up on Bandcamp or somewhere else to purchase.
That's something, I guess!

That was by far the quickest end to a revolution. Seriously guys, if something does happen, we should be proud of ourselves. Heck, Head-fi should give put us on the first page. Finger's crossed.

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #15,177 of 29,664
  http://noisey.vice.com/blog/electric-wizard-i-am-nothing-listen

Little would make me happier than a REALLY good Electric Wizard Album. I won't be foolish to hope for Come My Fanatics-II, but something as good as We Live would be nice. Black Masses was a let down for me.

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #15,178 of 29,664
That was by far the quickest end to a revolution. Seriously guys, if something does happen, we should be proud of ourselves. Heck, Head-fi should give put us on the first page. Finger's crossed.

Maybe in 10 years when the Loudness War is won and everyone is happy, we will he regarded as the heroic Icons who started the whole revolution. Statues will be built..

Jokes aside..good work guys! Maybe they actually will do something about it. I am eager what the comming events will bring us.

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #15,180 of 29,664
Guys, Zach is full of it. I'm sorry, DR2/3 is embarrassing and he is being called out on it. Plain and simple.

Well that's the thing. After he has an understanding, maybe he will attempt to fix stuff on future masters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back