Lets settle this: Where do you stand on Grado?
Jul 16, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #31 of 96
What i like about grado ?

- Comfort is not bad, just add some extra padding to the headband and you are done.
- Looks and design are quite crude, but are stax earspeakers better looking ? Plus thanks to their simple contruction they are easy to rapair with some diy if something goes wrong.
- Their sound is something unique, different from anything else. ( not necessarily better )
- Customer support and interaction with the community ( the Hf series...)

What i do not like.

- Pricing policy : too many models ranging from 80$ to 300$, some of the plastic ones sounding quite close to one another and built the same way...i can see why some customers feel the different asking prices are not justified.
- Eu pricing is ridiculous, but there surely are some good reasons if it is like that...

Jul 16, 2009 at 8:16 AM Post #32 of 96
I dislike them.
Had trust and liking for their products and the company itself. But everything got lost with the Head-F1 HF2. How they in the first place let these headphones with issues go through quality control, but more importantly how they handled the situation when they became aware of it. I seriously think they should have made a different approach, resolving the issue (get new cups) as "any" other company would have done. To keep the customers happy and maintain their reputation.

They obviously lack quality control or the will to resolve an issue when it is so obvious.
So probably never going to buy a Grado again.

Jul 16, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #33 of 96
I don't like the sound of the SR60,80,325 and 225(maybe because I listen to classical music very often),but I haven't listened to the really good Grados so probably I'm missing something.And they are so expensive in Europe...
frown.gif
other than that,I think they are among the prettiest headphones ever made,and I'm not kidding.

Jul 16, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #34 of 96
I dislike them for three reasons. poor build quality, not very comfortable, below average sonics. (way below when considering price)

Jul 16, 2009 at 10:26 AM Post #35 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by West726 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The survey instrument is terrible and this thread should be deleted.

Delete yourself from the thread and you'll get the same effect:that is,you don't see the thread anymore
icon10.gif

Jul 16, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #36 of 96
The only problem I see with this thread is that, it's like the 4th iteration of the same I hate Grado / I love Grado venue in the last month. Most folks have already voiced there opinion(s) about it. It's pretty tired. Eventually, we'll have the "Grado lovers UNITE" and "Grado haters UNITE" threads. I suggest we just start those threads already and get it over with. Delete the rest et al.

Jul 16, 2009 at 12:54 PM Post #37 of 96
I think I actually like the Grado sound a lot the last time I heard a SR225. However, the comfort isn't there and the looks certainly are a bit whack. I'm still tempted to get an Alessandro MS-1 to see what all the fuss is about though.

Jul 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #39 of 96
I wear mine 8 hours a day with zero discomfort.

Maybe I just have ears of steel.
For my genres of music, barring classical, nothing beats them sonically. And despite pricing arguments by others, I find the RS2 (not RS1) to be worth the price and I'm hoping, considering what Ive heard (on par/better than RS1) that the HF2 is worth well more than I paid.

Jul 16, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #40 of 96
I still like them. The ysound good and are a huge amount of fun.

However, I don't like the prices. I think they could be sold for much less, especially overseas. I think the prices paid in Europe and Asia are completely out of line.

Jul 16, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #41 of 96
I may just try them to see what the fuss is all about! Seriously...or the MS1. Anyone want to compare their sound to the semi-open higher end AKG's, which I like a lot.

Jul 16, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #42 of 96
Joe Grado phones compete with the very best.

John Grado phones are fun. And in comparison, make Sennheissers sound boring. (John) Grados bring life to the music. But they are colored and can be overpriced. I haven't had any issues with build quality or QC, so I'm good with that.

I'd rather something connect me emotionally to the music, than to be technically right. I'm not a robot but a human that enjoys music.

Jul 16, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #43 of 96
I like them. They are, for the most part, good, fun cans that have given me no problems with the exception of an iGrado that simply broke in two one day. My 225i (recabled) sounds much less aggressive and much smoother than stock. Comfort has never been a do or die issue for me. I cherish my vintage RS1, but I have heard variations within same models that leave me bewildered about QC and pricing points. I have owned Alessandro MS-1's and MS-2's and feel their pricing affords more bang-for-the-buck and better overall out-of-the-box SQ than Grado.

Jul 16, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #44 of 96
I can't really vote because I have never owned/lstened to a pair of Grado's. From what I've heard though, they're uncomfortable, have bad customer service, and they have some quality control issues. When I get the chance to demo a pair I'll have my own opinion.

Jul 16, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #45 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by atothex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyways, I like Grados, but my 2 issues are the comfort, and the fact that they have a certain graininess if they don't get a matching amp.

Very true.....If I had one complaint, it would be the comfort COMPARED to other cans. I can listen to them for hours, no prob....

Wrong amp--grainy, right amp--SWEEET..

SR60 was my first set of cans after joining this money draining place...
icon10.gif

Love them, have four pairs....
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back