Let's make it simple. Let's use only one very good headphone.
Mar 27, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #76 of 102
hmmm. doesn't seem like he was really interested in upgrading, more just expanding
biggrin.gif

But that's kind of hyprocritical for me to say, because a lot of my favorite phones are not that expensive, nor currently in production

Mar 27, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #77 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorgonmusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OHG here.. B&W P5s are it for me..

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a OHG, no worries! the cd3k drivers sound perfect to me, all rounders all the way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTechKid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since getting my RS1i and straightening out my chain to where I'm satisfied, I'm able to keep coming back to these forums and have zero desire to spend money on anything but music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Considering I'm only 16 , I'm a OHG right here .

Thank you guys for being simple and for being an OHG like me!
Long live One-Headphone Guys!

Mar 28, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #79 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by St3ve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Valiente,

I really never thought I would see the day that you renounced your sr60. Your enthusiasm for that headphone has become a head-fi institution!

Long Live Grado SR60s!
valiente-albums-valiente-album-picture3850-grado-sr60.jpg

Mar 28, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #81 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im definitely a OHG, i use my JH-13's exclusively, ive yet to find anything that i think compares, someday ill be able to try a stax rig though.

Big congratulations for you SoupRKnowva cos you were able to possess the pinnacle of headphones as few headfiers said the JH13. And I'm also happy that your an OHG.

JH13 OMG! I mean OHG.

Mar 28, 2010 at 4:14 AM Post #82 of 102
i need two HPs so that both my wife and i can watch movies together while the two wee ones can sleep. i like having a closed and open can. i've been searching for the ultimate all-rounder since i started HP listening. the thought of having a half-dozen HPs to suit different moods/recordings/genres doesn't interest me. i'd rather spend my $$$ on DIY. i can't wait to go to CanJam this year and hear the HD800 and other dearer cans.

i owned the K701 at one time - i found it lacking over the long haul. a change in source and amp, along with the aquisition of the K271, made me buy the K702. both are very capable cans for all genres.

Mar 28, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #83 of 102
One reason I don't think being a OHG will ever work, is that by definition, you can never be sure on some recordings that your setup is the cause, for example of you not liking that recording.

For classical music lovers, for example, listen to a very dense orchestral/choral work such as Mozart's Requiem in D minor (DG, Karl Bohm /Wiener Philharmoniker). This recording is available for 99 cents to download for a week on the DG site (although I have the FLAC version). There is a big difference between how this recording sounds with HD650s (Equinox) and K701s - listening to the first two tracks, as an example.

To my point ...if you have one set of headphones, how can you ever make comparisons unless you are confident your headphones do everything well?

Mar 28, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #84 of 102
I've been listening to the HF2 exclusively since August and I'm pretty satisfied. I do intend to build a Beta22 in the near future but sometimes I wonder whether it's really worth it or not since frankly, I'm quite happy right now with my rig.

Maybe my ears are being cheap.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #85 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALIENTE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Long Live Grado SR60s!
valiente-albums-valiente-album-picture3850-grado-sr60.jpg

I guess that means Valiente is Two Headphone Guy
smily_headphones1.gif
lmao

If two why not three? Four? More?

Mar 28, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #86 of 102
I only use my AD1000PRM at home. My "first" set and its the set that is still staying after countless encounters with other phones, result is others are for sale pretty quickly.

Mar 28, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #87 of 102
I think the only reason I'm a THG (two-headphone-guy) as opposed to an OHG is that I use my Grado sr225s almost exclusively as monitors for my guitar amp (circumvents the garbage "Jensen" driver they installed in my otherwise gorgeous-sounding H&K amp.)

I'm well aware of weird that is, using Grados as monitors.

Mar 28, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #88 of 102
I think at one point I had about 10 different pairs of headphones.

When I bought the UE Triple Fi 10 I sold all my expensive headphones and used ONLY the Triple Fi 10's for three years straight. I sold off the HD-650, AKG 701 and Beyer DT-990s because I liked the Triple Fi's so much.

In three years they're still in good shape. I don't even keep them in it's case, which is a bit stupid on my part.

I did try a few others, but I just couldn't find anything else I liked.

Just recently i've been getting tired of IEMs so I wanted to find something similar to my Triple Fi 10's sound quality.

I ended up with the Shure SRH-840. I might use these more often now.

I also want to try out the Denon 2000's though now. Since money is harder to come by, I'm going to now stick with $250 and under headphones.

Of course is my Triple Fi 10's break i'll no doubt just replace them with the same model!

Mar 29, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #89 of 102
Not me. I've thinned the herd, but am going to keep - and enjoy - multiple pairs of headphones.

I'm also keeping multiple pairs of speakers, amps and anything else interesting or good enough to keep.

I will unload gear that I'm not crazy about, but one pair of headphones is not enough.

Mar 29, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #90 of 102
it seems to me, "OHG"s as its put, just dont know whats available out there. if you were to try anything above the k701 and like them, would you be a 3 headphone guy since you worship the sr60 and k701? youre already a 2 headphone guy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back