Let's make it simple. Let's use only one very good headphone.
Mar 29, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #91 of 102
I personally cannot define myself as a "OHG" or "THG" or "MHG", but since I appreciate listening to a variety of songs randomly during the same session, I tend to prefer polyvalent headphones without major flaws. And I'm afraid I've never met such a pair
smily_headphones1.gif
, so I understand why people collect piles of them.

Mar 29, 2010 at 7:19 AM Post #93 of 102
Only one headphone? That would be like only eating apples. No bananas, oranges, strawberries, etc. Apart from the obvious; portable -not portable, and open-isolating, I simply have different listening moods, that require different sound. Sometimes the very forward, exciting, Grado sound is just right, other times it is fatiguing and the last thing I want.

Multiple Headphone guy here.

Mar 29, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #96 of 102
Presently I have my Grado SR60i phones and Koss Portapros. I haven't touched the Portapros since I got my Grados this past January, but soon they'll be with me on my bicycle once this last bit of snow has melted. I don't think I'll go over that. I may save up for something like that new B&W P5 as the pics of it impress me for what appears to be all around ruggedness, but if I do that I'd probably sell the Grados. I just don't see swithching out phones all the time so I'll probably stick with what I have. I need to save for a DAC/AMP for the puter, so I'll probably stay a 2hg for a long time. Since the Grados are the most I ever paid for phones I'm still blown away by its sound.

Mar 29, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #97 of 102
Even ignoring my love of variety and matching headphones to moods - I'd never join team OHG because of practitcality.

If I want to go out in the rain with music - I need IEMs that can be protected from the rain under a hat.

If my ears are sore from wearing IEMs lots then I need closed cans for portable use.

My favourite sound is open circum aural - often needs amping and completely inapropritate for portable use in a city even when not.

That's at the very least 3 sets of phones I need to use, and even then, why not have more?
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #101 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been listening to the HF2 exclusively since August and I'm pretty satisfied.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Previously a MHG, now I am strictly OHG.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One Stax to rule them all, One Stax to find them,
One Stax to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Thank you too guys for becoming an OHG.
Guys, all the way to simplicity!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back