Let's make it simple. Let's use only one very good headphone.
Mar 26, 2010 at 9:48 AM Post #46 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by T0N9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my thoughts exactly lol, or so it was. Sadly, these days i fine myself using only 2 out of the many that i have available.. the reason is because it's a pain unboxing and boxing headphones after a short listening session. a lot of times, I find myself just grabbing the closest headphones available simply cuz dont want to unbox and box..

This year alone i sold more headphones than ever..

I think im becoming a OHG and i like it
smily_headphones1.gif

Let's make a group. A group of OHG headfiers. Yes it is really a mess for me (I'm sorry guys) for boxing and unboxing of different many headphones when I want to listen to music. I just really want to grab one headphone when I need to listen to my favorite music. I hate switching to different headphones for different genre of music. I just need one. I want to make my desk simple as it is.

Mar 26, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #47 of 102
I only ever listen to one headphone. I always have a favorite, and that's the one I always listen to. That favorite does seem to change slowly. But if it changes, then I just start listening to the next one. I've never listened to a song and thought it would be better on a different pair of phones, I just don't get that. I guess it's just not what interests me. I'm into beautiful tones, timbre, balance, and if a headphone does that right, it does it right with every genre.

I do have multiple phones though, the ksc75 for their cheapness and an incoming pair of M50's for monitoring. And I have multiple home phones just because I can't sell the ones that aren't quite my favorites, even though I'm not using them much at all, they're so good...

Mar 26, 2010 at 10:48 AM Post #48 of 102
I pretty much only use my HD600. Don't get me wrong, I like to experiment – the K501 has particularly impressed me. Invariably, I always come back to this headphone though. It is a jack-of-all-trades if I've ever heard one.

Mar 26, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #51 of 102
Not yet!
To this date I have not found the one single head-/earphone that fulfill all my needs. The JH13 Pro is quite close, but not all there.

Some day maybe.
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #52 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon7s /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why are some folks having to unbox headphones to listen to them? I don't see the point in boxing them after they are initially unboxed. I like to display mine, even if I haven't used them in a while.
biggrin.gif

for me, when i spend $200-300 on a set of headphones, especially woodies, I like to keep them as flawless as possible. humidity lvl and dust can eventually hurt phones (especially woodies), therefore i just got into the habit of boxing.

Just tonight i sold a pair of flawless esw9.. flawless, because i waxed and boxed them every time after i listened them (which was very short btw). they were so beautiful that i was scared to ever take them out of the house in fear that the wood would get blemished.. in the end, i sold them because they were too beautiful to be worn haha.. i know im weird..

Mar 27, 2010 at 10:27 AM Post #53 of 102
If I had to limit myself to one it would be the JH13 as I need somthing that's ultra portable however the JH13 is good enough that I wouldn't feel like I had compromised on sound in any way. Fortunately I don't have to limit myself

Mar 27, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #54 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by T0N9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just tonight i sold a pair of flawless esw9.. flawless, because i waxed and boxed them every time after i listened them (which was very short btw). they were so beautiful that i was scared to ever take them out of the house in fear that the wood would get blemished.. in the end, i sold them because they were too beautiful to be worn haha.. i know im weird..

Haha, that's gold. I'd probably feel the same way though
beyersmile.png

Mar 27, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #57 of 102
Well I am sure I could settle on one. Damn sure I could settle for two. I do have allrounders that works for pretty much everything and that is important because I listen to practically anything out there.

KeeS modded Pro 900 or Edition 8. Prior to the DAC19 only the Pro 900 could be an option. It must be closed with my current computer and no iems.

Mar 27, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #58 of 102
If one can afford multiple top of the line( or close to that) headphones from all of the best makers, why not?

What I don't understand is why some of you here own 5 or 6 entry or medium level models when you can have 1 or 2 really good ones instead for the same price.

Mar 27, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #59 of 102
I am a 2HG. This is a self-imposed, but spouse-reinforced, arrangement which I am happy with - Having a pair on rotation keeps things fresh (particularly considering how different my 2 phones sound) and staves off upgraditis.

That said, I would probably be happy with the HD800 as 'the one'.... if my RS1s weren't so damned fun to listen to.

Mar 27, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #60 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by giedrys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If one can afford multiple top of the line( or close to that) headphones from all of the best makers, why not?

What I don't understand is why some of you here own 5 or 6 entry or medium level models when you can have 1 or 2 really good ones instead for the same price.

because price doesn´t equal performance and variety is more important?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back