Let's make it simple. Let's use only one very good headphone.
Mar 26, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #31 of 102
I'm hoping my new cans don't lead me into any more, this hobby is pricy enough as is (3rd pair of cans over $300 in the past year, still got the HF2s of course).

As for maximizing the performance of the K701s, I hear the only worthwhile mod for them is the ALOK701 mod, as they completely change them to dual entry, completely rerunning the cable inside the headphone. Whether or not you believe in cables, dual entry is better than single entry, and I don't think anyone will disagree with that.

If you don't want to do that, there's always the HD800.

Mar 26, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #32 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALIENTE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
-snipped-
Maybe I will just become a "one-headphone guy (OHG)"

Fellow guys, would you also become one like me, an OHG?
Or your already like this type of headfier?

Yeah, I believe you can count me as being an "OHG" as well. Although I've heard a number of superb sounding phones thru HP meets, I always find myself gravitating back to my MSPros. Even after I bought an HF2 (which I thought would be a viable long term investment given that it was on a limited production run, silly me, the offering of B-spec units pretty much screwed that up) I still find more enjoyment and satisfaction with the MSPros. But to each his own of course.

P.S. Might I suggest we call it "OHP" (for "person") instead? We certainly don't want to alienate the few fine fellow female headfiers we have here do we?
smile.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #33 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Racio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
P.S. Might I suggest we call it "OHP" (for "person") instead? We certainly don't want to alienate the few fine fellow female headfiers we have here do we?
smile.gif

There are fine fellow female headfiers here?

Well, since my HF2s are a direct upgrade on the sound of the SR60i (plus or minus emphasis in certain frequencies), I guess I'm still a OHG. For my pocket's sake, I should stay like this for a while. But something, some desire for a new sound signature to try, is tempting me. I will resist, until I need IEMs at least.

Mar 26, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #34 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's more logical to be a 2HG. Why? Open AND Closed.
wink.gif

I am all for this concept. At the moment, powered by my GLite, the Denon MD5000 and Grado MS-2i get equal head time, all the time!
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #37 of 102
I could be a one headphone guy as far as general listening goes, as I'm pretty happy about with my K701s. For home recording I need a pair of closed headphones (gonna be getting some AT-M50s soonish). I wouldn't count portable headphones as a second phone, because they are entirely different in purpose. Gotta have my ER-4s.

Honestly though, I'll probably be just a two headphone guy for the most part. My K701s and then my DT990s. I have a pair of DT880s but I'll probably trade or sell them sometime soon, unless I suddenly just start falling in love with them for some reason.

I have no real desire to get into true hi-fi territory. Mid-fi is doing pretty well for me right now, and any money that I'd spend on 800USD+ headphones I would rather spend on mics/preamps/audi interface/music stuff.

Mar 26, 2010 at 8:19 AM Post #39 of 102
Fellow headfiers, thank you for sharing your thoughts about this thread. Also, thank you for using the acronym "OHG" which stands for One-Headphone Guy. I'm happy I made an acronym in this website.

Still at this time I am a simple headfier, an OHG.
Are you like me?

Mar 26, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #41 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drubbing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can do this:

1 Open
1 Closed
1 Inherited Keepsake
1 Starter phone
1 Portable
1 canal

Easy. 1 is all you need.

my thoughts exactly lol, or so it was. Sadly, these days i fine myself using only 2 out of the many that i have available.. the reason is because it's a pain unboxing and boxing headphones after a short listening session. a lot of times, I find myself just grabbing the closest headphones available simply cuz dont want to unbox and box..

This year alone i sold more headphones than ever..

I think im becoming a OHG and i like it
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #42 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Valiente, when will you finally get one very good amp for your very good headphone?

I think they are saving up for one
biggrin.gif
. Or at least I hope so.

Mar 26, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #43 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Valiente, when will you finally get one very good amp for your very good headphone?

Thank you baka1969 for reminding me. Please wait for my amp. I'm still saving for the very nice amp that will be paired for my very nice headphone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by T0N9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think im becoming a OHG and i like it
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you T0N9 for using the word OHG.

P.S. If I will win in the lottery I just get Sennheiser HD800- my only one headphone. OMG! I mean OHG.

Mar 26, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #45 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Winnar!

Nah, then you'd have 2 headphones and therefore will not be a OHG.

MomijiTMO, I just updated my signature. I only have one audiophile headphone. My only headphone. This is to show that I am really an OHG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back