let's launch a kick starter to solve the tips issue fit once and for all
Jan 2, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #61 of 66
I did this https://sugru.com/tech-gadget/how-to-make-custom-fit-earbuds-for-your-in-ear-headphones on a pair of LG tone+ so I could use them on short rides instead of just disposable earplugs. It also keeps you from putting anything directly in your ear. Worth a shot if you have $5.

Jan 2, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #62 of 66
Jan 2, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #63 of 66
its the same as radiant molds material on ebay

Probably very similar but $5 (actually it's under $20 of an 8 pack on amazon) was a very high estimate for a single pack of sugru and that single pack will do at least 10 IEMs because of how little is used per application. It's also good for other stuff too.

I'm looking for a better solution too but this one is super cheap and works for now.

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #64 of 66
Has anyone heard about the ASIUS Technologies/ADEL collaboration with Earjellies? Read the below (scroll to #4) and it makes mention of these self-adapting earmolds. 

https://asiustechnologies.com/blogs/now-hear-this/update-on-the-adel-drum-earbuds

4. Announcing the new ADEL Drum ViscoElastic Self-Adapting Custom Ear Mold (ADEL VisMold) - a radically new sound coupling and self-conforming ear tip/mold technology from Asius Technologies and EarJellies’ (www.earjellies.com) founder Rudy McEntire will be incorporated into the new ADEL Drum.
As the original inventor of the custom In Ear Monitors, I have been pairing custom ear molds with high fidelity personal listening devices ever since the 1960s and using them in many thousands of performances all over the world either as a performer or as the very first IEM engineer. 

And despite my having worn these while performing or mixing for hours on end through these many decades as well as having popularized their use the world over, ironically enough, because of their inherent discomfort and inconsistent fit due to bad impression or changes or growth (as with children) in the wearer’s ear anatomy, I personally dislike using them - which is one of the reasons I developed the inflatable ADEL bubble. 

And although the soon to be released ADEL bubble technology represents a tremendous breakthrough in in-ear comfort, fidelity and even the ability to restore hearing function (I'm delivering the first inflatable ADEL hearing aid/IEM prototype to AC/DC's Brian Johnson sometime in April), there needs to be a similar technology which easily retrofits all pre-existing universal fit personal listening devices IEMs and earbuds.

Therefore, Asius Technologies has collaborated with EarJellies to safely bring this revolutionary new viscoelastic hearing protection technology to our new ADEL Drum and ultimately all universal personal listening devices, hearing aids and new hearing function restoration devices. 

Unlike custom-made ear molds, this incredible new ear-sealing technology is so capable of providing anyone with a self-adapting, custom, comfortable and completely sealed fit- that up until now, EarJellies has restricted its use to speaker-less hearing protection devices rather than allow it to render in-ear devices even more dangerous and capable of causing hearing damage than they currently are.

And as one might easily imagine, this self-forming custom ear mold technology has long been the "holy grail" for all in-ear audio manufacturing giants, many of whom have rushed to acquire EarJellies’ newly patented product. EarJellies has rejected all offers from earbud manufacturers until a way to make their technology safe for in-ear audio applications could be found. 

Having learned of our extensive NSF and NIH funded ADEL research and hearing technology which mitigates in-ear pneumatic pressures which has been confirmed by formal studies at Vanderbilt University to allow lower listening volumes to sound louder and better, EarJellies has collaborated with Asius Technologies to finally make this vital new viscoelastic hearing technology available in a form which more safely takes advantage of its incomparable comfort and acoustical sealing properties. 

Enter the new ADEL Drum ViscoElastic Self-Adapting Custom Ear Mold:

Since the ADEL technology has so emphatically proven that the removal of in-ear pneumatic pressures restores the ear's natural acoustics and dramatically improves the directional qualities of all in-ear audio, Asius Technologies' new ADEL Drum spatial imaging capabilities demand the best sound conveyance conditions.
It is common experience that conventional ear tips easily become blocked or occluded by their sound tubes becoming mashed against the canal wall. While this partial blockage is not as noticeable in conventional personal listening devices and hearing aids, the ADEL Drum's unique and dramatically wide, out-of-the-head soundstage can be noticeably changed or diminished should the sound tube become even slightly occluded. 

In a manner similar to, but far exceeding the capabilities of custom ear molds, the new ADEL Drum ViscoElastic Self-Adapting Custom Ear Mold from Asius Technologies and EarJellies more effectively couples the sound tube directly to the ear canal, but without the normal discomfort or need for expensive impressions and audiologist visits.

Needing only a moment or so to warm to body temperature, this new ear tip self-forms to adapt to any ear and can afford a far more comfortable and effective seal than conventional custom molds or ear tips and stays reliably seated and sealed during even the most active exercise. 

And its highly isolating and non-resonant viscoelastic material conveys sound much more accurately than hard acrylics and is also easily cleaned and sterilized with alcohol to be reused or safely shared with others.

Asius Technologies is proud to team with EarJellies to immediately provide our new ADEL Drum ViscoElastic Self-Adapting Custom Ear Molds (ADEL VisMold) beta prototypes to all of our Indiegogo backers as well as all new ADEL Drum orders.

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #65 of 66
  Has anyone heard about the ASIUS Technologies/ADEL collaboration with Earjellies? Read the below (scroll to #4) and it makes mention of these self-adapting earmolds. 

https://asiustechnologies.com/blogs/now-hear-this/update-on-the-adel-drum-earbuds

4. Announcing the new ADEL Drum ViscoElastic Self-Adapting Custom Ear Mold (ADEL VisMold) - a radically new sound coupling and self-conforming ear tip/mold technology from Asius Technologies and EarJellies’ (www.earjellies.com) founder Rudy McEntire will be incorporated into the new ADEL Drum.
As the original inventor of the custom In Ear Monitors, I have been pairing custom ear molds with high fidelity personal listening devices ever since the 1960s and using them in many thousands of performances all over the world either as a performer or as the very first IEM engineer. 

And despite my having worn these while performing or mixing for hours on end through these many decades as well as having popularized their use the world over, ironically enough, because of their inherent discomfort and inconsistent fit due to bad impression or changes or growth (as with children) in the wearer’s ear anatomy, I personally dislike using them - which is one of the reasons I developed the inflatable ADEL bubble. 

And although the soon to be released ADEL bubble technology represents a tremendous breakthrough in in-ear comfort, fidelity and even the ability to restore hearing function (I'm delivering the first inflatable ADEL hearing aid/IEM prototype to AC/DC's Brian Johnson sometime in April), there needs to be a similar technology which easily retrofits all pre-existing universal fit personal listening devices IEMs and earbuds.

Therefore, Asius Technologies has collaborated with EarJellies to safely bring this revolutionary new viscoelastic hearing protection technology to our new ADEL Drum and ultimately all universal personal listening devices, hearing aids and new hearing function restoration devices. 

Unlike custom-made ear molds, this incredible new ear-sealing technology is so capable of providing anyone with a self-adapting, custom, comfortable and completely sealed fit- that up until now, EarJellies has restricted its use to speaker-less hearing protection devices rather than allow it to render in-ear devices even more dangerous and capable of causing hearing damage than they currently are.

And as one might easily imagine, this self-forming custom ear mold technology has long been the "holy grail" for all in-ear audio manufacturing giants, many of whom have rushed to acquire EarJellies’ newly patented product. EarJellies has rejected all offers from earbud manufacturers until a way to make their technology safe for in-ear audio applications could be found. 

Having learned of our extensive NSF and NIH funded ADEL research and hearing technology which mitigates in-ear pneumatic pressures which has been confirmed by formal studies at Vanderbilt University to allow lower listening volumes to sound louder and better, EarJellies has collaborated with Asius Technologies to finally make this vital new viscoelastic hearing technology available in a form which more safely takes advantage of its incomparable comfort and acoustical sealing properties. 

Enter the new ADEL Drum ViscoElastic Self-Adapting Custom Ear Mold:

Since the ADEL technology has so emphatically proven that the removal of in-ear pneumatic pressures restores the ear's natural acoustics and dramatically improves the directional qualities of all in-ear audio, Asius Technologies' new ADEL Drum spatial imaging capabilities demand the best sound conveyance conditions.
It is common experience that conventional ear tips easily become blocked or occluded by their sound tubes becoming mashed against the canal wall. While this partial blockage is not as noticeable in conventional personal listening devices and hearing aids, the ADEL Drum's unique and dramatically wide, out-of-the-head soundstage can be noticeably changed or diminished should the sound tube become even slightly occluded. 

In a manner similar to, but far exceeding the capabilities of custom ear molds, the new ADEL Drum ViscoElastic Self-Adapting Custom Ear Mold from Asius Technologies and EarJellies more effectively couples the sound tube directly to the ear canal, but without the normal discomfort or need for expensive impressions and audiologist visits.

Needing only a moment or so to warm to body temperature, this new ear tip self-forms to adapt to any ear and can afford a far more comfortable and effective seal than conventional custom molds or ear tips and stays reliably seated and sealed during even the most active exercise. 

And its highly isolating and non-resonant viscoelastic material conveys sound much more accurately than hard acrylics and is also easily cleaned and sterilized with alcohol to be reused or safely shared with others.

Asius Technologies is proud to team with EarJellies to immediately provide our new ADEL Drum ViscoElastic Self-Adapting Custom Ear Molds (ADEL VisMold) beta prototypes to all of our Indiegogo backers as well as all new ADEL Drum orders.

that is really interesting, now I do not understand if they are being sold now with the earbuds or what is the whole situation with this.
I think we need to go the adel earbud thread and ask there

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #66 of 66
as i see there are some suggestions on alternate earplugs: here is my solution.

excuse the dirty plug tip, but i've been using these memory foam plugs. i've simply cut the length and made a hole in the middle so that they can fit on the stem of IEM. they perform just like the Comply tips but last longer. a set cost me less than 1 USD. 

and a little OT [something i had created for a different forum :p ] :

Users who are viewing this thread

Back