Lets implement a new FS forum RULE!
Aug 7, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #16 of 32
90% would do what they do now. Why would people want to lock their own threads? Moderators locking threads after an item is pronounced sold is an idea however it might lead into a conspiracy debate.

Aug 7, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #17 of 32
i don't see why a thread should be locked once an item is sold. i think the seller editing the title to include the word "SOLD" should be sufficient to prevent PMs about that item for 99% of the head-fi population (in theory).

Aug 7, 2008 at 6:51 AM Post #19 of 32
Sure thing, as long I get to edit out the $$$ amount.
evil_smiley.gif

Man, August really is boring, eh?

Aug 7, 2008 at 7:24 AM Post #20 of 32
Yeah, bumping threads where the item clearly have been sold! are somewhat annoying.
Not sure if we need a rule to eliminate them though. They are not that annoying...

Aug 7, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #22 of 32
You'd think it wouldn't matter, except when I get PMs from an AD I put up 3 months ago asking if I still have ______ when I didn't update it I'm certainly tempted to do so in the future.

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #24 of 32
You make a good point there actually.

I only find it annoying when the item is bumped sold and not altered in the title. This irritates me a little if I am wanting that item...

Aug 7, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by John E Woven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's a better idea; Let people lock their own threads in fs/t, and edit the title of their own thread.

You can edit the title of your thread. Click around the text on the main forum page. The box to edit should pop up.

Aug 7, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's an extreme annoyance when I have an item for sale and it gets bumped to the next page by some halfwit that must let everybody know on the first page that they have sold their item. Congratulations, but I don't care that it sold, just edit the post and leave it where it belongs, away from view.

Congratulations, but I don't care if your sale doesn't always stay on the first page.
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think a much more prudent rule would be making sure that "Sold" is put into the subject line after the item sells.

I only mind the bump from a "sold" post if the subject line doesn't also say that, so I can ignore it.

i think this should be implemented for sure....i hate getting excited after finding something only to discover at the end of the post that the item is sold.

Aug 8, 2008 at 7:27 AM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by turtlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think this should be implemented for sure....i hate getting excited after finding something only to discover at the end of the post that the item is sold.

Exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back