Let's Catch A Thief!! (Update: CAUGHT!)
Apr 9, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #302 of 430
Quote:
They got arrested.

http://www.torranceca.gov/TPD/Documents/13-019_I-Cs_CC_FRAUD_PUBLIC__130012291.pdf

thanks for the detail.
i think they deserve it,
Congrats to Todd

Apr 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #303 of 430
Justice prevails!
L3000.gif

Apr 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #308 of 430
LMAO Good for everyone involved. Nice work by the Police Dept and San Quentin gets three deserving residents for the next 20 yrs. or so. the ballsy  thing is they hit Todd twice. happy for Todd and this is good for all of who sell their gear and Jude is to be commended for posting and helping with this. This is a win-win for everyone in this community.

Apr 9, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #309 of 430
impressive.  I said a few pages back I doubt they would get caught and I'm glad I was wrong

Apr 9, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #310 of 430
Congrats Todd.  

Also, I heard the Jerky you brought the officer was really tasty :)

Apr 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #311 of 430
Doing undoable harm to someone as a means of "justice" is never the way to go, because when you screw up, look at what you've done. Aside from that, how is irreversible physical damage to someone ever justified if they didn't do the same to you? Money is not the same thing as a physical part of your being, so it would never be OK in any situation to do something like that for a crime like this. Justice shouldn't be about punitive damages, it should be about undoing the wrong that was done (to the furthest degree possible). If you killed someone, the best you can do is keep them from doing it again, so we have life sentences. There's MANY people who have sat on death row who were later found innocent. Just imagine, how much harm would have been done to those hundreds of innocent people if it weren't for their very ardent defense attorneys? In my eyes, one innocent person's suffering is one too many, and with stuff like that happening we should never do anything irreversible like that.
I understand where you're coming from though with scaring other people off from doing it, but I'm not one to believe in negative reinforcement. It just comes down to being for punishment rather than justice. Seriously, how is cutting someone's manhood fixing the problem? No matter the consequences if people think they can get away with it, bad things will still happen.

If I get shut down, fine, I understand, but I still defend the relevance of this to the conversation. We're talking about potential consequences for a thief in a thread about a thief being caught, seems relevant enough to me, especially if no one is objecting.

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #312 of 430
Thank you. You're the first person to make a reasoned and sane post to this thread regarding punishment. And I agree that its not entirely off-topic. Its just been completely ridiculous and idiotic up to this point. I understand the desire to show fervent support for Todd but if anyone here seriously believes a man should lose parts of his body because of a theft.... well then I don't know what to say. We're lucky you're not in charge of our country's laws because we'd live in a terrible place.

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #314 of 430
Quote:
Thank you. You're the first person to make a reasoned and sane post to this thread regarding punishment. And I agree that its not entirely off-topic. Its just been completely ridiculous and idiotic up to this point. I understand the desire to show fervent support for Todd but if anyone here seriously believes a man should lose parts of his body because of a theft.... well then I don't know what to say. We're lucky you're not in charge of our country's laws because we'd live in a terrible place.

Well if you think a safe place is a terrible place. I can not argue with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back