Let's Catch A Thief!! (Update: CAUGHT!)
Apr 12, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #331 of 430
Quote:
Holy cow! Reading that was just like watching an 007 movie. Good stuff, Justin!

Exactly! Great work Justin...you da man! 
size]

Apr 12, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #332 of 430
This was an interesting read, I'm glad everything worked out.

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #333 of 430
Apr 13, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #334 of 430
It makes me wonder if there are ties between the main @sshat and the Russian or Armenian mob. Unfortunately, organized crime from the former Soviet Union is *very* active throughout Southern California. I also doubt someone could operate that big an operation in high-end electronics *without* being involved (one way or another) with one of the criminal gangs in SoCal.

Apr 13, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #336 of 430
Great outcome. I'm sure it has to feel very satisfying. :cool:

Apr 13, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #337 of 430
Justin, way to go!! I know you are not the type that seeks kudos for the things you do but man KUDOS to you for going the big time extra mile for a fellow vendor. 

Todd man it is great to see you get your stuff back, people don't realize just how hard the vendors we have here work and for many on relatively small margins. A few hits like this really hurt, glad to see the good guys win.

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #338 of 430
Justin should be charging the perp for the aluminum blanks 
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #339 of 430
Glad they caught these guys although they'll probably plead down to a lesser charge and be out in a year or 2 since it wasn't a violent crime. Chances are whenever they do get out, they'll go right back to their old ways.

So when do the amps go on sale as "used"? 
wink_face.gif

Apr 13, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #341 of 430
Todd - So glad to hear the great news! Yay!

Tyll - nice reporting job!

Quote:
Justin, way to go!! I know you are not the type that seeks kudos for the things you do but man KUDOS to you for going the big time extra mile for a fellow vendor.

^ This! Quick & smart thinking on your behalf was so critical in having this whole thing have a positive outcome. You are da man of de hour!

Apr 14, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #344 of 430
So, how lame is this guy to not have a clue that someone was on to him after he received two aluminum blocks? Then threaten Justin 'cuz he got scammed?
I guess it speaks to the arrogance of criminals these days. I have heard that most criminals feel vastly superior to not only their victims, but the public in general.
I guess this time his arrogance bit him in the patootie.

Anyway, great job Justin. I can only imagine the satisfaction you felt after you heard that the baddies had been nabbed.

Kudos to the Torrance PD as well. They must have enjoyed that one immensely.

Apr 14, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #345 of 430
Quote:
So, how lame is this guy to not have a clue that someone was on to him after he received two aluminum blocks? Then threaten Justin 'cuz he got scammed?
I guess it speaks to the arrogance of criminals these days. I have heard that most criminals feel vastly superior to not only their victims, but the public in general.
I guess this time his arrogance bit him in the patootie.

Anyway, great job Justin. I can only imagine the satisfaction you felt after you heard that the baddies had been nabbed.

Kudos to the Torrance PD as well. They must have enjoyed that one immensely.

i just cant believe he went through with it after I referenced needing proof of identity due to "recent high-end audio fraud in southern california".  it's possible he never read that particular email as he was running about 40 scams at a time with different identities & email addresses for each one.  most of the thefts were not audio related and you can even find a pic of his car on the website www.supercars.net

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back