Let's build Krmathis a Beta22!
Jul 17, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #106 of 590
Don't worry gentlemen, a concensus of opinion on how to do another one will get hashed out. How the next build works out, will determine if the method arrived at was the right one. Members will vote on whether they like it with their pocketbooks and soldering irons.

Jul 17, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #107 of 590
If I can send someone heading up this project a money order I would be happy to throw a little cash in to help fund what is surely to be a monstrous and gnarly beta-22!

Jul 18, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #108 of 590
synaesthetic, YGPM......and thank you for your generosity.

Jul 18, 2008 at 7:25 AM Post #109 of 590
There is the possibility that some of the lower profile parts will be installed on amplifier/PS boards on Aug. 2nd. That date will be a tight deadline. What we will need to know soon, is whether or not we will have to order a majority of the resistors and capacitors needed. Some capacitors were pledged for the build, and we need to know what values those were, so that we don't order parts already pledged. Also, if there are any resistors out there that have yet to be pledged/donated we need to know soon, before we order some from mouser. thanks everyone.

Jul 18, 2008 at 7:33 AM Post #110 of 590
Guys (Girls?), thanks a lot for your generosity! Donating hard earned $$, parts or build time to this project.
smily_headphones1.gif

I have read pages up and down about the B22. But still have to admit I don't quite get ahold of the work involved in building one. I know this is a give-away, but I still want to express a couple of preferences about how I prefer the amplifier:
* 4-pin XLR in the front (for the AKG K1000).
* Speaker bindings in the back (for Stax' though an SRD-7 Pro, or regular speakers).
* 4 board build (balanced), with the ability to use unbalanced source as well.
* Chassis' as small as possible. Have to admit I am very fund of 'naamanf' B22 builds, with the Par-Metal 20-series chassis'...

Hope this is taken into consideration when building the amplifier.
wink.gif

Best regards
Kai

Jul 18, 2008 at 7:37 AM Post #111 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by amphead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is the possibility that some of the lower profile parts will be installed on amplifier/PS boards on Aug. 2nd. That date will be a tight deadline. What we will need to know soon, is whether or not we will have to order a majority of the resistors and capacitors needed. Some capacitors were pledged for the build, and we need to know what values those were, so that we don't order parts already pledged. Also, if there are any resistors out there that have yet to be pledged/donated we need to know soon, before we order some from mouser. thanks everyone.

I have the following capacitors ready to ship:
8 x 100µF 50V Nichicon UHE
4 x 470µF 50V Nichicon UHE
They are leftovers from my own B22 build.

I also have speaker binding posts that Im willing to donate too.

Jul 18, 2008 at 8:02 AM Post #112 of 590
Thanks MrMajestic2! You answered here while I was sending you a PM. No need to answer there, since I have the information I need! Thank you very much. Edit: If our team-mates follow your example we will build this in the fastest pace ever. Countries involved in this build, in no particular order: Sweden, Norway, Australia, Canada, Spain, USA, Israel, South Africa, Belgium, UK, Portugal. Who did I leave out?

Jul 18, 2008 at 8:21 AM Post #113 of 590
Quote:

Thanks MrMajestic2! You answered here while I was sending you a PM. No need to answer there, since I have the information I need! Thank you very much. Edit: If our team-mates follow your example we will build this in the fastest pace ever. Countries involved in this build, in no particular order: Sweden, Norway, Australia, USA, Belgium, United Kingdom. Who did I leave out?

And I sent you an email before fully reading the message here
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 18, 2008 at 8:53 AM Post #114 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys (Girls?), thanks a lot for your generosity! Donating hard earned $$, parts or build time to this project.
smily_headphones1.gif

I have read pages up and down about the B22. But still have to admit I don't quite get ahold of the work involved in building one. I know this is a give-away, but I still want to express a couple of preferences about how I prefer the amplifier:
* 4-pin XLR in the front (for the AKG K1000).
* Speaker bindings in the back (for Stax' though an SRD-7 Pro, or regular speakers).
* 4 board build (balanced), with the ability to use unbalanced source as well.
* Chassis' as small as possible. Have to admit I am very fund of 'naamanf' B22 builds, with the Par-Metal 20-series chassis'...

Hope this is taken into consideration when building the amplifier.
wink.gif

Best regards
Kai

IMO, we should abviously take this into consideration. Yes it is a give away, but if it doesn't suit your needs it doesn't make much sence then...

I'm sure others will agree!

Quote:

Thanks MrMajestic2! You answered here while I was sending you a PM. No need to answer there, since I have the information I need! Thank you very much. Edit: If our team-mates follow your example we will build this in the fastest pace ever. Countries involved in this build, in no particular order: Sweden, Norway, Australia, USA, Belgium, United Kingdom,Portugal. Who did I leave out?

Not that I'm looking for particular recognition, but you forgot Portugal!
cool.gif

ps: let me know what items from the list I posted previously are needed to the build and I'll post them to you, or to where the amp will be built.

Manuel

Jul 18, 2008 at 9:33 AM Post #116 of 590
MASantos, yes I caught the mistake just before you posted. Portugal's flag is flying proudly with this project! And we are considering what Kai's needs are for sure! Cheers.

Jul 18, 2008 at 9:35 AM Post #117 of 590
Naamanf, that's awesome! Very generous. These are the kinds of commitments that really put wind in the sails of this project! thanks again!

Jul 18, 2008 at 10:03 AM Post #119 of 590
Exactly GeWa! We are really on a roll now! The build on Aug. 2nd, is looking better all the time! Hope your Bijou project is going well! :wink:

Jul 18, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #120 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeWa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I followed the advice to post also at the sales forum. http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f42/au...3/#post4490753
Now let's see how it goes.

Regards

Hi, what remaining parts other than a case and power supply and tubes does that millet need to run? My bid is up to $40 so far. You could post here or there, so people know what they are getting if they win it. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back