Let me tell you a story.
Jan 6, 2004 at 10:36 PM Post #46 of 48
Well, damn...looks like Jude just wanted to vent.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I have no clue what's going on, i'm rarely here anyway, but i suspect some people want to know so they won't deal with the accused.

Jan 7, 2004 at 3:51 AM Post #47 of 48
I'd like to say something about the storyteller: he does more for this hobby than just about anyone out there.

I'm sure he'd like for this little community to become self-sustaining (or, heaven forbid, a slight money maker
eek.gif
). However, I happen to know that he takes a sizeable chunk of cash out of his pocket every month to keep us in bandwidth. That says a lot IMHO...

I hope that those who seem agitated by the story will consider that commitment to our hobby when they post. I think the man who brings us Head-Fi deserves the benefit of our collective doubt. I hope that others agree.

This is a pretty remarkable place in a lot of ways. It goes through its growing pains from time to time, and believe me, the folks who help moderate this online monkey house don't have all the answers by a long shot. All anyone asks is patience when things get a bit tense. In return, we get Head-Fi. Not a bad trade IMHO.

Jude, thanks for dealing with the headaches. Thanks for Head-Fi...a place where I spend entirely too much time (but I love it so!!
biggrin.gif
)

Jan 7, 2004 at 8:01 AM Post #48 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by Ebonyks
I'm sorry macDEF, but i respectfully disagree with you.

What I stated is quite simple: there are RULES for commercial interests on Head-Fi. If you want to be treated equally, you have to adhere to those rules. If you don't adhere to the same rules by which all other commercial interests abide, you lose the right to be treated the same as them. I don't know how anyone could disagree with that position.

P.S. If someone abuses a resource, and as a result loses the privilege of said resource, it's rather disingenuous to call that "selective discrimination."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back