Let me please audition your ZMF Atticus or Eikon
Nov 26, 2018 at 12:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

almostaudio

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

So I'm in the market to purchase my first high end closed back cans. I'm dying to decide between ZMF Atticus and Eikon. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and unfortunately no stored here carry ZMF cans. The closest are in SoCal, a good 6hr drive for me. I know this is an odd request, I feel weird myself asking like this but given I came into the market after the 2 recent meetups and none scheduled in the near future with a sure date, can someone in possession of these cans help me by letting me audition them? We can meet in a neutral place like a library or something. I don't even know how to prove that I'm genuine. Should I leave my car keys as collateral while I listen to them? I don't know. I'm open to suggestions, please PM me.

I hope there is a kind soul that helps me.

Thanks,

Nov 26, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #2 of 2
I cant help you in your request but perhaps this will help.

Atticus- bombastic midbass,forward mids,quite warm sound signature,intimate.
Eikon-more neutrally tuned,yet still on the warmish side. Better sub bass than Atticus,but much less slam.

Both excel with a good tube amp with a neutral/bright tube roll. If thats not your bag then a vintage receiver works quite well too. Just avoid warm amps with these headphones.

Good luck in your search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back