Less cumbersome alternative to the SHURE SE215??
Aug 3, 2011 at 7:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tuliphead

New Head-Fier
I recently got the Shure se215's and i love them..... everything except the memory wire and the extra long cable.
So my question is could you guys recommend me a pair with similar sound characteristics but with a shorter cable and easier to just bang in your ears and go?? Any help is appreciated and my budget is around the same as the shures.... Thanks guys 
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #3 of 5
If you already like the sound why not just get a cable organizer to shorten the cable? Also, isn't the cable detachable? You can try another cable for it if so. Some are cable DIY-ers on eBay using 22ga or thinner conductors, so no memory wires. Just make sure you get the proper connectors, most are for UE and some are for the Senn IE_ line.

Aug 3, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #4 of 5
I agree, you can find replacement cables for the Shure SE215's since they have removable cables. If you like punchy bass and just want to pop them in an go, I would recommend the Hippo VB (vb = variable bass). They have some of the best clarity and bass for this price range. I found them on www.jaben.net for $79, and the hippo bundle which includes the Hippo VB earphones and the Hippo box portable amplifier for 129.00 which is a great value. Let me know if this helps.

Aug 3, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #5 of 5
I think im gonna get a new set and keep the shures too because most of the time i listen to music at home and the shures are perfect for that, its just when im out and about i have to keep taking them out and putting them back in which is a pain... So im going to look into the hippo vb's and another pair i was interested in the first time was the Phonak Audeo perfect bass, anyone give me any insight into those compared to the shures?? Thanks guys this is awesome 
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back