Lehmann Audio Linear SE
Apr 24, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #16 of 31

Quote:
Apparently there is some hi-fi show in Munich after which there should be more information about pricing and availability but I am not sure which show it is. Setting aside the wood vaneers it seems the amp is substantially similar to the original version but of course an amp is more than the sum of its parts. I do not expect the difference in price between the standard and SE to be merely the cost of components. On the other hand, there has to be some proportionality.

http://www.highendsociety.de/english/highend/highend.php

It's the most important european audio fair. Most german brands present the new products there if not at CES.

Aug 15, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #17 of 31
I have the Lehmann BCL. Is this an upgrade sound wise or just an esthetic / luxury improvement?

Thanks, Pedro

Aug 15, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #18 of 31
It is an enigma wrapped in an enigma. That is what it is.

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #19 of 31
Waiting for mine to arrive from Germany. Looking forward to hearing it with my HD800's
happy_face1.gif

Sep 27, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #20 of 31
Just bough one. The SE sound a little bit better - richer sound - than the regular version that I also have. Not night and day differences, but better.

Both are great with my Grado RS1 and Beyer T1.

Sep 29, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #22 of 31
Silver aluminium

Apr 20, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #23 of 31
Jan 27, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #26 of 31
Yes, I did compare the SE version clone against the regular one I had until recently. I love upright bass sound, and things like 12 string guitar (and guitarists such as Isaac Guillory) and I would totally agree. Sounds like these with some percussive hf detail sound so realistic. I have some RS-1s and some Beyer T-1s, and the T-1s are just fantastic with my SE. I have also fitted dual mono FET chips to replace the stereo one, and this seems to have resulted in a notch more separation.

Apr 5, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #27 of 31
Am auditioning the Lehmann Linear and Linear SE at Sevenoaks Sound and Vision, Holborn, London, on Monday. 

Apr 7, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #28 of 31
I heard the Linear SE and Linear (hardly burned-in) alongside my burned-in "Lovely Cube" today at Sevenoaks Sound and Vision, Holborn. I just used CDs in the comparison. I preferred the Lovely Cube to the Linear, and the Linear SE to both of them. I bought the Linear SE. Now that I have it home with me with a high quality mains cable and silver interconnect, I am very pleased with my decision. I may have more to say, but the HDtracks sampler album is opening a new world to me. All three amps are good. The Linear SE is something else IMHO. Oppo 103/Samsung laptop > Gungnir > Lehmann Linear SE > HD800. Happiness...

Dec 18, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #29 of 31
I don't know if Norman Lehmann is following this thread, but I am afraid of what the price of the Lehmann Linear SE would be where I live. The Black Cube is currently going for over 1200 Euros, which is about 400 Euros over what it is in Europe. The problem is customs. If I order to be shipped here (Israel) I might be slammed with a huge tax bill.

Even if I trade in my Rhinelander, I think the price is going to be around 800 Euros, which is basically like just going out and buying a new Black Cube Linear without giving up the Rhinelander. 

I don't know if there are any price regulations, but it seems a bit excessive to be selling the Black Cube through one importer for over 1200 Euros, when the SE is supposed to be going for around 1400 Euros in Europe.

However, I think even in Europe the price jump from the regular to SE is a bit severe.  

Lehmann, you need to be a bit more competitive with prices, and also make sure your distributors aren't overdoing it.

Mar 3, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #30 of 31
I heard the Linear SE and Linear (hardly burned-in) alongside my burned-in "Lovely Cube" today at Sevenoaks Sound and Vision, Holborn. I just used CDs in the comparison. I preferred the Lovely Cube to the Linear, and the Linear SE to both of them. I bought the Linear SE. Now that I have it home with me with a high quality mains cable and silver interconnect, I am very pleased with my decision. I may have more to say, but the HDtracks sampler album is opening a new world to me. All three amps are good. The Linear SE is something else IMHO. Oppo 103/Samsung laptop > Gungnir > Lehmann Linear SE > HD800. Happiness...
I know it is already an old tread.
But in your opinion the SE is a real sonic upgrade over the normal Linear?
Pricewise the linear is here in Holland €850 and linear SE more than 2 times the Linear price…. That’s enormous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back