Left earbud of my VE Monks just gave up ...
Sep 16, 2017 at 7:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

tigiboy2

New Head-Fier
God lord, they were some good pairs. Bought them for like 15€ on amazon and they were miles better than my Samsung Earphones which were included in my Galaxy S7 I just bought recently.

BUT: I need an upgrade. Why ? Because the sound signature of the VE Monks weren't good enough to keep them for years. I really need something else, something which can bring a suprising sparkle in my ears.

Here's the thing: the VE Monks were a bit too weak in the bass region. Not tight enough, nor couldn't I feel e.g. The Weeknd's "Sidewalk" being sang lively in my ears. The bass man, the bass... I may not really call myself a basshead (I suppose), because I don't want the bass to be dominated over the mid and highs, it should be present enough to make me feel the guitar string to be pulled (feeling the force so to speak) and when I listen to hip-hop, it shall be strong enough to make me feel the certain bass with a certain bass to be expected. (I know I suck at describing...I ain't an audio expert)

I listen to my music currently on my Galaxy S7, mainly on YouTube and Spotify. The equalizers do not get configured so basically it's on standard (because when I do play with it, certain songs do benefit from it, but the rest do not but rather get bad influence by it). Mainly I would go outside with them.

If I may describe my music taste, I would say that I'm leaning all about detail and power. The mixture of clarity and bass shall be the main point. But I wouldn't like to have shrieking highs (meaning to much treble would like become a qtip getting drilled in my ears; that would be unenjoyable).

The Monks were quite a bit power hungry of course. With 64 Ohm, it was a tiny bit too much, just a tiny bit.

For now, that's what I have in my mind. Oh, and the budget is currently in the < 50€ margin. But I wouldn't mind if I pay < 100€ if the certain recommendation is supported by many.

I DO KNOW that earphones and listening is a subjective thing. But what I'm really asking for is if you can recommend me a pair of earphones (classic ones if possible, else normal IEM's) which can give you the feeling of "I don't need anything else pricier" or "this can beat headphones in the >100€ region". I need something special, a golden bad boy (so to speak).

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back