Least Leakage Headphone
Dec 10, 2012 at 9:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

cdstamper

New Head-Fier
Alright, here's a question: what over-the-ear closed headphones have the least leakage?

I'm seriously frustrated. I've tried DOZENS of very good sets, but they ALL leak too much to use in my office. So far, the HD25-II is the best, but I still can't turn them up without annoying everyone around me.

I'm looking for a slightly colored sound (basshead here), but that's not the most important part. I just need something that doesn't leak.

What have you guys found?

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
DT770 Isolates pretty well. Would have to compare side my side the 25ii to see but I dont remember the 25ii leaking much at all. hmmm. How load are you listening to your music 0_o

And that's what I've found. There are lots of claims that certain heaphones don't leak at all - until I try them. I've tried the DT770 and they leak too much. I wish they didn't, because I really like them otherwise.

I must be half-deaf...

Anyone who uses a Fiio with a mac: I turn it up to 20 using my HD25s, and play the music at full volume. Long shot I know, but someone with a similar setup should have an idea how loud that is. I don't really think it's excessive.

EDIT: Fiioo E7

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Alright, here's a question: what over-the-ear closed headphones have the least leakage?

I'm seriously frustrated. I've tried DOZENS of very good sets, but they ALL leak too much to use in my office. So far, the HD25-II is the best, but I still can't turn them up without annoying everyone around me.

I'm looking for a slightly colored sound (basshead here), but that's not the most important part. I just need something that doesn't leak.

What have you guys found?

My DT660 is mighty quiet.  Got some sub-bass, too.

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
And that's what I've found. There are lots of claims that certain heaphones don't leak at all - until I try them. I've tried the DT770 and they leak too much. I wish they didn't, because I really like them otherwise.

I must be half-deaf...

Anyone who uses a Fiio with a mac: I turn it up to 20 using my HD25s, and play the music at full volume. Long shot I know, but someone with a similar setup should have an idea how loud that is. I don't really think it's excessive.

Which fiio? Low or High setting? 20 seems kinda loud, it also depends on music file volumes. I would not say you are half-deaf lol but you may not be as sensitive to sound as most. Who knows. 

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back