Lear BD4.2 impressions thread + Australian tour
Sep 15, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #77 of 127
I've made a small video to show BD4.2 (Sorry for my English in advance)

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x261vmn-Ya8/VIDEO]

I really like BD4.2 sound-wise. It's the most customizable headphones ever. You can tune them via bass regulator, using eartips, by connecting them via resistor and even experiment with different acoustic filters.
I'm listening them with tri-flange tips and with bass tuner set to 10 o'clock. It gives almost linear mids and highs with nice and powerful bass punch. Detalisation is really superb, so every little detail is easily noticeable.

Jan 2, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #81 of 127
Not many impressions of these around here. I really like their bass tuning, but the overall signature isn't for me. My thoughts:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/746615/legend-r-vs-k10-brief-review-and-36-others-now-incl-lear-lcm-5-and-bd-4-2/120#post_11181631

Jan 3, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #83 of 127
Jesus.... that would explain a lot about what I heard. It was quite resolving, but incredibly tinny. This is the epitome of faux detail here. 

Jan 3, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #84 of 127
Jesus.... that would explain a lot about what I heard. It was quite resolving, but incredibly tinny. This is the epitome of faux detail here. 

I also heard the same thing (Tinny).

Jan 3, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #86 of 127
That's quite a treble there. My friend is very happy with these (LCM version) I should ask his opinion about the treble quality and quantity.

I also know a guy who loves the Lcm5. Different strokes for different folks!

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #87 of 127
LCM-BD4.2 is not bright at all. Perhaps, when we turn the bass knob to minimum, a very little brightness occurs to mid section. Its treble is one of the best that I heard until now. As smooth and natural as possible and quite forgiving. 

I see that there is a dramatic change with tips that being used on LUF. However, LCM version is really very good. 

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #88 of 127
Just got these. Did a quick ab comparison with the demo at the shop before I left. My custom version smooths out the peaks from 5-8 substantially; such that even with the demo at near max bass and my custom at default (half), my CIEM actually sounded not just more coherent but also warmer. The sibilant and tinny treble on the demo was also drastically reduced.

The last time I heard something so different (and ironically, in a similar way- more treble) was the original Legend R demo vs the new Legend R demo (and also vs my own custom pair). With the original Earwerkz demo set, I believe the issue was proper alignment of the drivers, the lack of which had brought out the treble a lot as well.

Mar 2, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #90 of 127
Just got these. Did a quick ab comparison with the demo at the shop before I left. My custom version smooths out the peaks from 5-8 substantially; such that even with the demo at near max bass and my custom at default (half), my CIEM actually sounded not just more coherent but also warmer. The sibilant and tinny treble on the demo was also drastically reduced.

The last time I heard something so different (and ironically, in a similar way- more treble) was the original Legend R demo vs the new Legend R demo (and also vs my own custom pair). With the original Earwerkz demo set, I believe the issue was proper alignment of the drivers, the lack of which had brought out the treble a lot as well.

I'm waiting for your detailed impressions about Lear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back