Leak!!! Sony's New Portable Linear PCM Recorder PCM-D100 (upgrade of the famous D50s)
Jan 2, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #122 of 126
On sensitive IEMs, I can tolerate a max of 3 on the volume wheel out of 10
On LCD2, for example, maybe a 6
Trust that helps

Jan 2, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #123 of 126
Im thinking of getting this but confused as people seem to say it is too powerful for IEMs yet early posts suggest a very weak amp. So which is it ? Thanks :)

Keep in mind that an amp that can play a given headphone loudly enough may yet be woefully incapable of delivering enough power to maximize that headphone's performance (with good dynamics and bass control).

My LCD-2 Rev.1 are "loud enough" when driven by my 55mW per channel into 16-Ohms Sanza Clip+, but Audeze recommends a minimum of 1000mW per channel into 50-Ohms to make the best of the LCD-2 Rev.1. When the amp lacks sufficient "headroom" for a given speaker or headphone, the bass will sound woolly and uncontrolled instead of tight and detailed, bass extension might suffer and any signal momentarily demanding the power to authoritatively reproduce a drum hit or other peak can be clipped, causing audible distortion or, at the very least, a lack of audible dynamics.

Jul 19, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #125 of 126
 I own the D100 since a couple of weeks now.

It's a beautyful Piece of Hardware!

I record Yoga lessons and life Music and the Sony performs outstanding. Simple 16 Bit wav files recorded with superbit mapping and 12 dB limiter Comes out in breathtaking in Quality. (sorry for the weird Auto correction)
Practically no noise Floor and extreme high dynamic Signals. No Need for DSD recording in real world, but a nice to have for enthusiasts.

I simply love this Thing, 10 years ago, we needed tons of Equipment and much higher investments to get high end recordings.
The headphone out is powerful enough for my Needs and Inears. This unit is for capturing sounds and voices on highest level.

Learn how to use it proper and have fun, fun, fun!

Namasté

Armin 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back