LCD3s vs LCD2s
Jan 13, 2013 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Rewkie

100+ Head-Fier
Before I start asking questions yes I know there are a ton of threads about this. But I couldn't find one asking which had punchier bass. So yeah I like a lot of bass and I've been looking for different headphones for a long time. Narrowed it down to two. The LCD2s and 3s. I heard the 2s had AMAZING bass,so what about the 3s?

Jan 13, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:
Before I start asking questions yes I know there are a ton of threads about this. But I couldn't find one asking which had punchier bass. So yeah I like a lot of bass and I've been looking for different headphones for a long time. Narrowed it down to two. The LCD2s and 3s. I heard the 2s had AMAZING bass,so what about the 3s?

LCD-3's have the better bass overall but less apparent slam.

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #3 of 7
If you like "BASS" you may be disappointed with both of these options. You aren't going to get drowning bass from either of these, but you will get clean, powerful, punchy bass. Neither of these headphones are considered basshead phones.. so if you believe you belong to that club you might want to consider other options. Also both of these headphones are warmish headphones, so keep in mind that what you listen to will sound quite balanced nothing like a basshead headphone like the Ultrasone PRO 900 or anything.

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
If you like "BASS" you may be disappointed with both of these options. You aren't going to get drowning bass from either of these, but you will get clean, powerful, punchy bass. Neither of these headphones are considered basshead phones.. so if you believe you belong to that club you might want to consider other options. Also both of these headphones are warmish headphones, so keep in mind that what you listen to will sound quite balanced nothing like a basshead headphone like the Ultrasone PRO 900 or anything.

If you are talking about headphone rattling, muddied bass, that is nothing but loose n boomy, sure.

If you want quality bass with great texture and deep extension, then the LCD's can't be beat.

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
If you are talking about headphone rattling, muddied bass, that is nothing but loose n boomy, sure.

If you want quality bass with great texture and deep extension, then the LCD's can't be beat.

Most people looking for bass rattling "bass head" cans aren't looking for clean bass with great texture though.

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Yep, that's what I mean. The first definition you mentioned is what I typically hear bassheads wanting. Drowning, muddy bass that drowns into the mids so that pretty much all you hear is boom or crash. So basically your typical V shaped sound signature. I'm just saying if that's what the OP wants then I would look elsewhere. The LCD-2s bass is much different (better IMO) than that of a basshead headphone.

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
Most people looking for bass rattling "bass head" cans aren't looking for clean bass with great texture though.

And that is the saddest bit. If the bass isn't clean, then it just sucks. And the logic behind loving it escapes me.

IMO!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back