LCD-5 Trade-In Program. Expires Nov 15th, 2021!
Oct 9, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #31 of 63
WOW ... respect, guys!! I do not own any Audeze (yet), but other manufacturers for sure can learn from this, instead of putting out a highly priced special edition of the old model before releasing the new one!

Likelihood to get the LCD-5 instantly increased.
hifiman did somthing similar to this with the he1000 when they offered the V2

Oct 9, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #32 of 63
Audeze gets much street cred with this program. Looking to continue the journey with Audeze headphones begun quite a few years ago.

Oct 9, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #33 of 63
How about partial credit for an LcDx and LCD3F?

Oct 9, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #34 of 63
except for the fact that the HD650 is a $500 headphone vs a $4500 LCD-5 headphone... wouldn't that be like saying I like the sporty driving of a miata so I bought a Lamborghini :xf_cool:
Dumbest post of the month right here...

Oct 10, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #36 of 63
I emtied my pockets enough buying Chord gear.. so im holdin on to my nowadays 'cheapisch' HD800 for a while😌

Oct 12, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #37 of 63
@Audeze
Can UK residents take up this trade in program through the UK Audeze dealer network or do we have to deal though the factory in the USA ?
If so are the LCD5 export price different (less USA sales taxes) to compensate for the import duty in the UK.
Thanks

Oct 12, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #38 of 63
Great that Audeze is offering this program.

But for the LCD-X/LCD-3 trade in looky-loos: if they were to offer this, how much would you possibly get for your headphones? Audeze is offering $2000 for most LCD-4s, which is a little/moderately below market rate for those who keep an eye on the classifieds. If you want $650-$800 via trade-in, why not just sell them privately?

Oct 12, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #39 of 63
Great that Audeze is offering this program.

But for the LCD-X/LCD-3 trade in looky-loos: if they were to offer this, how much would you possibly get for your headphones? Audeze is offering $2000 for most LCD-4s, which is a little/moderately below market rate for those who keep an eye on the classifieds. If you want $650-$800 via trade-in, why not just sell them privately?
I don’t think they did the math on this or they expected Audeze would offer a too good to be true deal.

Oct 12, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #40 of 63
for some reason un known why... one of the reviewers compared the LCd-5 to the HD650... I at least thought that to be a little strange...
The reason why is that the lcd5 and hd650 frequency graphs were put up for comparison in jude’s initial posting of the release of the lcd5 and the 2 graphs are very similar

And a lot of us have heard the hd650

But, yes, the overall sound quality between the two should be at (somewhat) different levels (I would expect)

Hope that helps shed some light

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #42 of 63
LCD5 with norne.jpeg

Got my LCD-5 in the mail this week. Trade-in process was easy and it came sooner than expected!

Nov 13, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #43 of 63
Post up some off-the-cuff thoughts and impressions? It is going to be incredibly difficult for me to trade away my beloved LCD-4z. As in I don't think I can actually do it difficult. Even if I could afford to right now, there is no overwhelming motivation to swap out. Someday would like to get LCD5.

Nov 14, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #44 of 63
Post up some off-the-cuff thoughts and impressions? It is going to be incredibly difficult for me to trade away my beloved LCD-4z. As in I don't think I can actually do it difficult. Even if I could afford to right now, there is no overwhelming motivation to swap out. Someday would like to get LCD5.
LCD-5 is definitely a departure from the sound of the 4/4z (I've only heard the 4z). It has a more balanced sound to my ears while losing some of the 4z bass quantity, improving the mids, and gaining some extra treble sparkle.. Resolution on the 5 is better than the 4z in most parts of the sound. Despite losing bass quantity, the 5 has better bass texture. I'm enjoying the 5 alongside my 1266 as the 5 does vocal music well and portrays depth a bit better while the 1266 is better for more synthesized music although I enjoy most genres on it.

Nov 22, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #45 of 63
The title says that the expiration date is November 30th, but the first entry has been rewritten on November 15th.
It should have been written as November 30th a few days ago, but has it suddenly shortened?:triportsad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back