LCD-2 Or ATH-W3000ANV for eximus
May 3, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #2 of 10
The Eximus is super detailed so I would lean towards the LCD. Mine is great with the LCD3 from the HPA. I have not heard the ATH-W3000ANV but reviews say it is less detailed (but still great).

Just for some background information, my Pro900's can't keep up with the detail, and I believe they ever so slightly start to distort playing this extra detail. They become overly annoying after 5-10 minutes. I'm fine with their treble and I'm a fan of that HP, so that's my only explanation. Doubtful an issue with either HP.

May 3, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #4 of 10
What is an eximus.  Did you mean Eczema?  Headphones can't cure diseases.  And if they could you'd probably have to get an Orpheus. 

If the eximus is some kind of dac/amp, then you are buying things in the wrong order.  Headphones are all over the place in their colorations and sound sig.  Getting a headphone for your amp is backwards.  You find a headphone you like, and then get an amp to make it shine.  Getting a headphone for your amp makes no sense. 

May 3, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
What is an eximus.  Did you mean Eczema?  Headphones can't cure diseases.  And if they could you'd probably have to get an Orpheus. 

If the eximus is some kind of dac/amp, then you are buying things in the wrong order.  Headphones are all over the place in their colorations and sound sig.  Getting a headphone for your amp is backwards.  You find a headphone you like, and then get an amp to make it shine.  Getting a headphone for your amp makes no sense. 

I've listened to quite a few, and I had a grab on the eximus for fairly cheap. As you getting a headphone for an amp is backwards, but I do enjoy the lcd-2 since i've had it for quite a while. So yes I really do want to try to get the best out of my hpa / dac combo if u know wat i mean :>

May 5, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #8 of 10
I have heard the Eximus Dp 1 with LCD 2 rev 2 and ATH W 3000 ANV

LCD 2 rev 2 more synergies to Eximus Dp 1 than ATH W 3000 ANV .

As I tried ATH W 3000 ANV was BNIB and my LCD2 Rev 2 was already burn in .

May 6, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #9 of 10
I have an DP-1 and also a LCD-2.2.  To my hears is seems it lacks the power to really move the lcds.  I dont have a 3000anv but a Denon D7000, to me the D7000 sounded really nice with the dp-1, much better than lcd+dp-1.  When I had the lyr+dp-1+lcd it was wonderful but the lyr did not play well with other phones beside the lcd.  I have tried other phones with the dp-1, from hd650, beyer990 and mdr-sa5k.  The best i have heard it was with LFF Paradox.  Some phones just like certain amps, like lcd+little dot mk6=best while mk6+paradox=meh but paradox+dp-1=perfect.  Yeah go figure.

May 7, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:
I have an DP-1 and also a LCD-2.2.  To my hears is seems it lacks the power to really move the lcds.  I dont have a 3000anv but a Denon D7000, , much better than lcd+dp-1.  When I had the lyr+dp-1+lcd it was wonderful but the lyr did not play well with other phones beside the lcd.  I have tried other phones with the dp-1, from hd650, beyer990 and mdr-sa5k.    Some phones just like certain amps, like lcd+little dot mk6=best while mk6+paradox=meh but paradox+dp-1=perfect.  Yeah go figure.

Strange as, according to April, they output 1.6 W at 50 ohm- that's around double the 160D, so should be more than enough for the Audeze's.  The HE-500's I just received average around 10.30 O'clock on the DP1 and sound well-driven to me.  I use the headamp of the DP1 and also a tube amp, depending on mood and which phone I choose.  

The best i have heard it was with LFF Paradox

Hmm, does anyone offer the Paradox mod (for a fee obviously)?

to me the D7000 sounded really nice with the dp-1

That's handy to know if I ever get to buy the Fostex TH-900, as the signatures should be reasonably similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back