LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love...
Jun 26, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #301 of 1,111

Quote:
You have all of Laurie Anderson....how about this one?

Completely agree on Tom Waits - well said; "An American Treasure"  If you haven't seen it, check out the episode of, "Fishing with John", that John Lurie did with Tom Waits...hilarious!

Yeah I have that Anderson.    

I'll have to get that film with John Lurie!  Been meaning to see that one also so I just ordered it from my library, thanks for bringing it up.

I used to use this CD a lot for speaker placement.  The cut "Promenade Du Maquereau" has a very dimensional quality.  

Jun 26, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #302 of 1,111

Quote:
Yeah I have that Anderson.    

I'll have to get that film with John Lurie!  Been meaning to see that one also so I just ordered it from my library, thanks for bringing it up.

I used to use this CD a lot for speaker placement.  The cut "Promenade Du Maquereau" has a very dimensional quality.  

Great movie too!  I love early Jarmusch films.

Here's Nomi's first public appearance with David Bowie on SNL (not a recommendation- just a curious tie-in to the previous post)

PS per the previous post, you can watch the Fishing with John series on YouTube.  It's a bit slow paced but there's some very funny banter in between.  I'll never forget the bit when Tom asks John how to bait his hook. 

Jun 26, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #303 of 1,111
Out of curiosity is anybody here using any special mixers or EQs with their LCD setups?  I've been reading some conflicting opinions on other threads so I was wondering if fellow LCD owners were adjusting the frequencies.  I do not use any EQ at the moment.  I tried playing around with the EQ levels in Foobar and never found any settings that made the LCD sound better.  There does seem some agreement that using EQ within software is a no-no and better results can come from adding a dedicated equalizer in line with your equipment.   

Jun 26, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #304 of 1,111
Out of curiosity is anybody here using any special mixers or EQs with their LCD setups?  I've been reading some conflicting opinions on other threads so I was wondering if fellow LCD owners were adjusting the frequencies.  I do not use any EQ at the moment.  I tried playing around with the EQ levels in Foobar and never found any settings that made the LCD sound better.  There does seem some agreement that using EQ within software is a no-no and better results can come from adding a dedicated equalizer in line with your equipment.   

EQ's that have the ability of 120db+ are very expensive I personally don't use an EQ but would try one if I could get an affordable solution

Jun 27, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #306 of 1,111
Yeah that Regina "Begin To Hope" CD is excellent.  I love Regina but I wish she'd stop calling on my cell phone. My wife is getting suspicious. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

The FEIST Cd is also excellent.  

I like this one also.  FEIST. Let It Die.

Jun 27, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #310 of 1,111
Amos Hoffman "Evolution"
Hoffman is a virtuoso of the guitar and oud, a great introduction into the fusion of West and Middle Eastern Jazz
LCD-2 loves this album, instrument separation, LCD sounds great with guitar-centric albums.  This is also a great album for good speakers and IEM.  Won't disappoint.

Jun 27, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #311 of 1,111
That looks interesting - I'll check it out when I have some time.  You and I have had the Anouar Brahem discussion, right?  If not, and you don't know his collaborations - they are an absolute must.  Start with this:

Quote:
Amos Hoffman "Evolution"
Hoffman is a virtuoso of the guitar and oud, a great introduction into the fusion of West and Middle Eastern Jazz
LCD-2 loves this album, instrument separation, LCD sounds great with guitar-centric albums.  This is also a great album for good speakers and IEM.  Won't disappoint.

Jun 27, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #312 of 1,111
Hi Jax, yeah, unfortunately Anuoar can't be had easily thru our library system so I need to just pony up and buy it.  It's definitely on my short list of must buys.

Quote:
That looks interesting - I'll check it out when I have some time.  You and I have had the Anouar Brahem discussion, right?  If not, and you don't know his collaborations - they are an absolute must.  Start with this:

Jun 27, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #313 of 1,111
Lots of sonic gems on this one!

The Dali CD – In Admiration of Music

• John Campbell – Down In The Hole  (4:58)
  • Hans Theessink – Mississippi  (6:04)
  • Hugh Masekela – Stimela (The Coal Train) (10:03)
  • The Yuri Honing Trio – Walking On The Moon (5:31)

• Jocelyn B. Smith – When I Need You  (8:02)

• Jan Akkerman – Am I Losing You  (6:26)

• Damien Rice – Cannonball (5:13)

• Peter Schneider & The Stimulators – St. James Infirmary (6:50)

• Terry Evans – Get Your Lies Straight (5:38)

• Patricia Barber – Let It Rain (5:13)

• Marilyn Mazur & Audun Kleive – Drum Impro (2:27)

• Dick Hyman – Bach Up To Me (2:36)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back