Lavricables - Impressions & Discussion Thread
Sep 2, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #122 of 394
Sep 2, 2022 at 4:46 AM Post #123 of 394
Thanks I found them.

Can I ask what quality the rhodium is for the plugs(earcup) 3.5mm? Like furutech? or Neutrik?

I wanna try rhodium, as I also heard it is more durable. Sound should also be more neutral than warm

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #124 of 394
Thanks I found them.

Can I ask what quality the rhodium is for the plugs(earcup) 3.5mm?

I wanna try rhodium, as I also heard it is more durable. Sound should also be more neutral than warm
It’s our latest custom 3.5mm plug which sounds a bit more open and clear. Rhodium plating is thick as more layers of plating is applied compared to gold plated version. We have also reworked barrel color so it now looks matt grey and is a perfect match for carbon y splitter. Pics will be available a bit later.

Sep 2, 2022 at 5:53 AM Post #125 of 394
It’s our latest custom 3.5mm plug which sounds a bit more open and clear. Rhodium plating is thick as more layers of plating is applied compared to gold plated version. We have also reworked barrel color so it now looks matt grey and is a perfect match for carbon y splitter. Pics will be available a bit later.
Ok thanks :)

1. Im thinking of the ultimate with aeco xlr4 rhodium. And for the 3.5mm there is only lavricables if I want rhodium?

Im also curious of how they will match AECO and LAVRICABLES.

2. Registered Mail is insured(insurance) right?

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #126 of 394
I’ve been using Lavricables for almost two years now on my Fostex TH-900. Over the course of my headphone journey I’ve had Lawton Audio Denon D2000 with the Jena Labs cable and other higher end cables. I can say that I’ve been impressed with the sound of the Lavricables, especially in terms of the level of detail I’m hearing in every song. I have been able to pick out things in the background that I never have before. I couldn’t be happier with the value, aesthetics and most importantly the sound from Lavricables!

Attachments

• 4A7E07C8-ECB6-4DCD-962C-E2555C7E2902.jpeg
    4A7E07C8-ECB6-4DCD-962C-E2555C7E2902.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • CEA0DD78-03A4-4804-ADF1-3DE0B38649CA.jpeg
    CEA0DD78-03A4-4804-ADF1-3DE0B38649CA.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 9005811C-41A2-4394-B024-2E1D24B4DF56.jpeg
    9005811C-41A2-4394-B024-2E1D24B4DF56.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Sep 19, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #127 of 394
Im looking at the connector because I have to know there dimension(chord tt2)

The AECO seem to be flat and Viablue which works perfectly is rounded.

It looks like the AECO will touch the casing of my tt2.

Anyone with TT2 can confirm they are not touching the case?

EDIT: maybe the answer doesn’t matter because I am ordering an amp that does not have this issue.

EDIT: It does not matter anymore because I am going to buy external amp for TT2 that doesnt have this issue
Hey, @OCC7N can you comment if they touch the casing of the TT2? I like the looks of the AECO and would use them with the TT2

Sep 26, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #128 of 394
Sep 29, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #129 of 394
Hey dear fellows,

it's been quite a while since I started this thread and I'm still intensively exploring new grounds and possibilities in this never ending pursuit of a perfect musical experience.

To this day, I changed and tried so many things in this segment that it's impossible to count anymore. But one thing remained in my chain thorough this journey and it's time to give some credit, which it deserves. Today, I'd like to share with you my fellow head-fiers, some of my latest conclusions and experiences with beautiful cables from Lavricables.

Firstly, I'd like to talk about the importance of the headphone cable in a chain.

From the standpoint of the incoming sound signal to the headphones, it's the very first cable in the chain. And according to my experience, it possesses the utmost importance. There are also other important factors, most of all clean energy, but when this particular cable isn't high performing in the first place, then the rest of the chain doesn't really matter that much anyway.

My experience with various Lavri-cables has been very pleasing this far. I started with these silver cables when my chain was worth €4k - €5k and they immediately elevated my pleasure from listening to previously unheard planes. This continues to scale up the hill with the quality of the chain, now approaching €50k and the gap between these and other cables is still more and more widening, even unbelievably so. Therefore IMO/IME, as far as head-fi goes, the best return on investment is placed on quality headphones cables first (and then power filtering & distribution :).

My primary listening gear is still with Empyrean + Lavri Grand line (can't separate those two, cause Empy without Lavri is "junk" in my ears now), while my secondary for more discreet listening consist of Lirics + Lavri Ultimate line (previous version), with which I made this cable comparison.

Few more observations before I get into comparisons with different cables. Meze Liric are very detailed sounding headphones, but also quite bright in lower treble, especially with a silver cable. In fact so bright that with a revealing and not (completely) treated system is hardly even listenable. The catch here is, what is a completely treated system? That's the never-ending goal, to which we can only approach, but still every bit makes a difference.

Despite my high-end filtering and power cords everywhere, for my case and environment the breakthrough was replacing my wall outlet and standard home circuit breaker for an audio-grade fuse holder. From that moment on, listening with Lirics together with silver cables became a joy again and that's another testament for the usage of silver in any cables - it's not the silver that makes the sound edgy or harsh - the silver just REVEALS the flaws in the chain elsewhere. And the opportunity of this revealing is that those flaws can then be addressed accordingly :)

So finally, here are my findings of various cables with Meze Lirics, always compared to my own Lavri Ultimate v2:

Stock cable (short one):
Midrange doesn't sound right or clean to my ears, highs lose some sparkle. Bass is delivered strongly, but isn't clean and going as deep down as Lirics can.
Space is flatted into almost 1D plane (missing height & depth), so no real sensation there.
When music gets busy, everything sounds mixed together in a big mash of sounds.
So stock cable is not an option for me anyway, I'm essentially losing like 35-40% of Lirics technical capabilities and enjoyment really.
Conclusion: Unlistenable.

Meze upgrade PCUHD (copper) cable:
Tonality in mids and cleanness of bass is much better than the stock cable, but overall clarity is still missing (especially in upper registers). Mids are still too thick, bass a little bloaty and some details and low level passages are completely lost. Sense of space deprivation is still there, but let's say it got upgraded 2D now.
Overall, a significant step up from the stock cable - there's some more resolution across the tonal spectrum, but compared to Ultimate v2, it's still quite meshy and uninteresting.

Ultimate v3 (in photos with carbon splitter):
One would expect just little improvements here and there from a new revision, but this has been a surprise really. V3 has a much better articulation of details, more precise separation, much better perceived depth (real deal) - the whole experience is more "inside" the music.
Tonality retains its clarity across the spectrum and is practically the same as v2.

And the last effect, which is quite clearly heard with my gear - echo's end is finally heard where it really is (sometimes very far away:)

Overall, this Ultimate v3 sounds much more like a tier upgrade, not just a revision. So anyone looking for a first serious upgrade of his/her stock cable and is tightly on the budget, I can whole heartily recommend this Ultimate version and live with it happily.

Few words to Ultimate v2: It's very highly listenable, clean sounding and reasonably detailed, but just doesn't "take me there" as much as v3. If I haven't heard the v3, I'd be happy though. It's the curse of hearing the better that's making me want it :)

But why is a better sound so important anyway? Why does it even matter? Well, that is a question for each person individually. To me personally, I'm using the expanded perception of music to expand my own consciousness. It's a very interesting process and it's literally shaping my life for the better, thanks to the expanded point of view on the reality we each have. The best thing with this is that there seemingly isn't a limit, what can be achieved.

And it's starting to look that in our lifetimes, it has never been so important to be on top of the world events, as it is now. I just hope that the collective humanity will prevail (in time). Best luck to all, be safe.

Attachments

• IMG_20220923_134612.jpg
    IMG_20220923_134612.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220923_134624.jpg
    IMG_20220923_134624.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220923_134633.jpg
    IMG_20220923_134633.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220923_134641.jpg
    IMG_20220923_134641.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220923_134658.jpg
    IMG_20220923_134658.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Sep 30, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #130 of 394
Hello,
Everybody here agrees to say that cables from Lavricables are great quality and amazing sounding. I want to say that their customers service is top notch too!!
I've ordered a Master silver for my Rad-0 and french post have lost the package:triumph::sob:. It happened last thursday, all communication with Lavricables has been smooth and kind (very reassuring in this situation) and I've received a new cable today by UPS! Bravo!
The Rad-0 sound much more detailed, soundstage opened and airy, really transformed and it's not placebo effect :)
I'm sure it will get even better with burn in.
Thanks again for making great quality products at affordable price :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nov 4, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #133 of 394

@lavricables when you have the time can you post some pictures of the 17awg Grand line? I'm curious how much thicker it is compared to the normal 20awg version.

Nov 4, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #134 of 394
@lavricables when you have the time can you post some pictures of the 17awg Grand line? I'm curious how much thicker it is compared to the normal 20awg version.
hi! it's basically 8x awg20 instead of 4x as in Grand line.

Attachments

• BJ2A5216.jpg
    BJ2A5216.jpg
    717.7 KB · Views: 0
  • BJ2A5218.jpg
    BJ2A5218.jpg
    607.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 159D28B4-5E07-4DD7-B70B-97CB051952EA.jpeg
    159D28B4-5E07-4DD7-B70B-97CB051952EA.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Nov 6, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #135 of 394
Was very, very happy with the Master iem cable I purchased from them. First off they’re lightning quick, had the cable completed and started on the burn in the day after I purchased. Was pleasantly surprised at both the build quality and the sonic character. By far the most reasonably priced silver cables around. From pictures I expected a well made cable but in hand it’s far nicer than in images and the ergonomics are solid for what is a fairly large wire gauge for an iem cable.

I’m not really someone who believes in massive sonic changes via cable. Through the many, many cables I’ve purchased in the past few months ranging from the absolute budget of $50ish up to $1200 I’ve come to notice that there are certainly differences between cables, however they tend to be fairly minor… though the more options I have to try the more I notice those differences and there was a time in the very recent past where I generally brushed off sonic differences in cables altogether. I say this because I was surprised at the fact that the Lavricable did give me a bit of noticeable improvement in separation and detail retrieval, not massive, but perhaps the most instantly apparent I’ve heard so far. Grain of salt as A.)this is the first custom aftermarket iem cable I’ve ordered(other were all headphone cables), B.)the iem I’m using atm is not the most detailed and any improvement will be easily apparent, and C.) the cable I was using beforehand was poor to aggressively mediocre at best.

So, yeah. Good experience all around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back