Lavricables - Impressions & Discussion Thread
Aug 21, 2022 at 6:39 AM Post #106 of 419
I use a 2 years old Lavricable (not Grand) but no oxidation and all heatshrinks are in place. Why not use a carbon splitter? The Grand is a 20awg Cable and I compare it with Arctic Cable which at the same price are thicker but "only" copper (Talos, Apeiron) and when entering silver or silver/copper AC cables then the price doubles (Gladius and up).
Always back to the crossroads, which way to go???
I am considering the carbon splitter too. I mainly hesitate because my configuration would be the furutech mini xlr Audeze connector and furutech CF 4.4mm connector, which are both chrome and black, while the Laveicables splitter is gunmetal carbon fiber which still works but doesn't look like the best color choice for this on LCD-4 or the cable.

Also, nice to see you're an Arctic Cables guy. That's my go-to brand atm due to how fast and efficient their customer service is and decent build, but their premium cables do take a massive price jump indeed lol. I love them for their copper stuff.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #107 of 419
I am considering the carbon splitter too. I mainly hesitate because my configuration would be the furutech mini xlr Audeze connector and furutech CF 4.4mm connector, which are both chrome and black, while the Laveicables splitter is gunmetal carbon fiber which still works but doesn't look like the best color choice for this on LCD-4 or the cable.

Also, nice to see you're an Arctic Cables guy. That's my go-to brand atm due to how fast and efficient their customer service is and decent build, but their premium cables do take a massive price jump indeed lol. I love them for their copper stuff.
I don´t have an AC yet, just have to decide between AC copper (others are too expensive for me at this point) or Lavri Grand...
So you think silver will be better for your LCD-4? or do you have an AC for it already?

Aug 21, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #108 of 419
Haven't considered Lavricables for some time now since I first heard their name years back. However, really considering a Grand silver now that I want a lighweight premium looking cable for an LCD-4.

Is the transparent heatshrink option still durable enough for long-term use? Also, how well does Lavricables Grand resist greening from oxidation?
Own 3 Grand line cables for Susvara, Diana TC and LCD-5 and haven't had any issues after over a year. The carbon splitter looks really good too.

Aug 21, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #109 of 419
Lavricables are a class act company. My cables were beautifully done- exactly according to my order. I must say- they are incredible people. Their customer service has been beyond any possible expectation. They assisted me and guided me every step of the way and your response times to my emails have been shockingly quick- but not at the cost of total and complete attention to detail.

I have been using silver litz 6n cabling for my headphones for the last few years. It has clarity, detail, tightness, and transparency that cannot be beat. But I always wondered what the exact same substance- 6n silver litz in 17awg would sound like relative to my 24awg. Well- it is not an issue of simple improvement. My headphones are now completely different headphones with a totally different sonic signature. I had no idea how thin sounding my headphones were with the 24awg cable until I got your 17awg cable... For those who are considering adding some gold or palladium to their 24 or 23awg cable to bring out more bass- I can tell them confidently that this does not work. I tried it and the gold just muddies everything up. Silver is the way to go...... if you want the best.....

I would not necessarily say resolution increased using the 17awg cable, but rather it maintained its previous stunning character while gaining immense weight, full bodied bass response, and a 3-D layering which was simply missing on my 24awg silver cable...

In our hi-fi world- no one seems to be too bothered to pay $6,000 for a headphone, but we are all bothered by paying $1,000 for a cable. I now see that this is an error.... The cable is not less important to the sonic signature than the headphone. Not a drop less...... and the idea to use adapters allowing me to transfer my one main cable to my other headphones in a matter of 30 seconds is ingenious...

If anyone thinks they know what their headphones sound like with 24awg or even 20awg cable- they have no idea of the potential there is from the 17awg. The difference is huge.....

Lavricables transformed my headphones into new ones at a price much much lower than anyone else, with speed, precision, and beauty.... I contacted several other manufacturers who all wanted around double their asking price for the same thing and with wait periods of many months as everything is out of stock.

This is the best deal in high end headphone cables.....

Aug 21, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #110 of 419
I have seen som of the cables braided but not all the way up to the earcup. If I order braided will it be only to the splitter?
yes, it will be sleeved in black until the Y split if you meant that.
I'm thinking of getting a Grand for my D8k pro as well. Since you did not mention anything, are the 3.5mm plugs fitting perfectly? Have you used the cable for any other 3.5 mm HPs? thanks
the 3.5mm plugs hold very well. In fact we have update the plugs and they look now as the ones here. The cable is also compatible with the following headphones: Stellia, D9200, HE1000se, D9200, Liric, Z1R, Era-1, Spirit Torino. Hope it helps.
Haven't considered Lavricables for some time now since I first heard their name years back. However, really considering a Grand silver now that I want a lighweight premium looking cable for an LCD-4.

Is the transparent heatshrink option still durable enough for long-term use? Also, how well does Lavricables Grand resist greening from oxidation?
there is no oxidation or what so ever since every strand inside the wire is individually enameled. Transparent heatshrink with logo is very tiny and holds on the cable very well. Pls also note that awg20 Grand line is not a lighweightcable. Although it is very flexible and soft, you could still feel the silver inside it due to the big silver gauge used.

Aug 21, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #111 of 419
Not a drop less...... and the idea to use adapters allowing me to transfer my one main cable to my other headphones in a matter of 30 seconds is ingenious...

Do you mean something like Hart Audio interconnect system or are you referring to using the adapters on he headphone connector end?

Aug 21, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #112 of 419
I'm thinking of getting a Grand for my D8k pro as well. Since you did not mention anything, are the 3.5mm plugs fitting perfectly? Have you used the cable for any other 3.5 mm HPs? thanks
Hello, and yes, the plugs fit perfectly. And as wrote in my review, this cable brought my D8000 to an impressive and top level. From this cable there is no way back. And for your info, I'm considering selling it, as I'm planning to get rid of most of my gear, including my D8000, to buy a Shangri-La Senior. So let me know via PM if you might be interested by the Grand for D8000. Best regards.

Aug 21, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #113 of 419
I don´t have an AC yet, just have to decide between AC copper (others are too expensive for me at this point) or Lavri Grand...
So you think silver will be better for your LCD-4? or do you have an AC for it already?
No silver or AC yet for Audeze, I'm actually a copper guy so wanted to try something different for once haha. I usually use AC's Aegis cable for headphones, but need a lighter version than a fat braided model. Was considering this or a Magnus from AC next just for something lighter with good aesthetics for LCD-4.

Aug 22, 2022 at 6:58 AM Post #114 of 419
Lavricables are a class act company. My cables were beautifully done- exactly according to my order. I must say- they are incredible people. Their customer service has been beyond any possible expectation. They assisted me and guided me every step of the way and your response times to my emails have been shockingly quick- but not at the cost of total and complete attention to detail.

I have been using silver litz 6n cabling for my headphones for the last few years. It has clarity, detail, tightness, and transparency that cannot be beat. But I always wondered what the exact same substance- 6n silver litz in 17awg would sound like relative to my 24awg. Well- it is not an issue of simple improvement. My headphones are now completely different headphones with a totally different sonic signature. I had no idea how thin sounding my headphones were with the 24awg cable until I got your 17awg cable... For those who are considering adding some gold or palladium to their 24 or 23awg cable to bring out more bass- I can tell them confidently that this does not work. I tried it and the gold just muddies everything up. Silver is the way to go...... if you want the best.....

I would not necessarily say resolution increased using the 17awg cable, but rather it maintained its previous stunning character while gaining immense weight, full bodied bass response, and a 3-D layering which was simply missing on my 24awg silver cable...

In our hi-fi world- no one seems to be too bothered to pay $6,000 for a headphone, but we are all bothered by paying $1,000 for a cable. I now see that this is an error.... The cable is not less important to the sonic signature than the headphone. Not a drop less...... and the idea to use adapters allowing me to transfer my one main cable to my other headphones in a matter of 30 seconds is ingenious...

If anyone thinks they know what their headphones sound like with 24awg or even 20awg cable- they have no idea of the potential there is from the 17awg. The difference is huge.....

Lavricables transformed my headphones into new ones at a price much much lower than anyone else, with speed, precision, and beauty.... I contacted several other manufacturers who all wanted around double their asking price for the same thing and with wait periods of many months as everything is out of stock.

alrigth, doesn´t AC argue that the thickness of the wire is very/mostley important as well?
The Grand Line: "Our best products are represented by the Grand line. These are premium awg20 multistrand litz (headphones) and 20-30 core solid silver braided cables..."
So where are you getting your 17awg, 6n silver from? thanks!

Aug 24, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #116 of 419

Can we see some pics please? Really thinking order one for my Meze Elite/Atrium since they both use mini XLR.

Sep 1, 2022 at 7:31 AM Post #117 of 419
Hi guys, I've just posted my full review of the Lavricables Ultimate V3 (for the Sony MDR-Z1R and IER-Z1R) on The Headphone List. You'll find it HERE, along with some audio pr0n to enjoy. Here's a sample to tempt you...

Lavricables_12.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #120 of 419
Possible to buy anything for susvara and arya in reference line?

Site needs updating too confusing. Need to make menus of plugs instead of showing all thos pictures.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back