Latest news of Meier-Audio
Jul 21, 2001 at 4:49 AM Post #46 of 60
Could you please have a sale with either the HD-580 or 600 and the Corda HA-1. The HD25-1 should be paired with the porta-corda since it's better suited for portable use.

Jul 21, 2001 at 5:47 AM Post #47 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by Jan Meier
massappeal85;

** Are there any plans on releasing the pre + power amp combo as an assembeled product **

No way! Even with an industrial PCB the assemblage of one single amp would take various days!
(2200 soldering points, take 15 seconds for every soldering point in average and start calculating!)

And you build THREE of these?! Well, I suppose if you're bored
wink.gif

I guess if you really wanted to go into the high-end amp market (and by the sound of it you certainly could) you'd have the amps built by robot, which would simplify it a *lot*, but add a hefty overhead. I know that the amp itself is probably worth a couple grand, at today's prices, especially with that *very* professional build quality of yours!

Jul 30, 2001 at 10:39 PM Post #48 of 60
Spoken like a true Texan.

Credit card orders are handled by someone called Odeen, and I'm not sure about PayPal, although accepting paypal orders from someone named 'hax' might not be a good idea, considering the rampant trading of PayPal username/password combinations among skript kiddies.

Jul 30, 2001 at 10:50 PM Post #49 of 60
It's ok jan - i have a JMT
smily_headphones1.gif
amp on the way.....so....its ok...but still.......i am dissappointed...hey! I kno! DO THE PORTA-CORDA WITH THE Senn 495 as the action!!!

Jul 31, 2001 at 7:30 AM Post #50 of 60
h@x:

hey im interested in senn600 for $220, how do u want the money, check, paypal, etc..
btw wuts the shipping and handling to Texas?

It's all quite simple.

Send me a mail (meier-audio@t-online.de) with your name/address/telephone number to make a reservation.

Send a mail to Alexander Derevin (odeen@home.com) to ask for details on the payment procedure.

The $220,- includes shipment world-wide.

However, please note that Alex will also charge you with a small fee to cover paypal expenses.

More details?: www.meier-audio.com

Cheers,

Jan

Aug 7, 2001 at 5:49 AM Post #52 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by templeboy
Odeen, since you handle $ for Jan already, why not let Jan ships large boxes full of "low price" gears to you to distribute to save shipping?

This is a great idea if Jan and Odeen are willing to do it. It'd save us folks here in the states a bunch of money on shipping and would safer than sending multiple packages overseas. The total cost for shipping that large shipment could then be split evenly to be covered everyone who ordered. How about it?

Aug 19, 2001 at 3:51 PM Post #53 of 60
hi there -

i'm looking for an amp for the hd600. i gather the porta corda will have sufficient power for these?

i'm also curious if it will be able to run on ac power as well as batteries, and if so what sort of cord/adapter/converter is required for use in the us and in australia, on the different voltages.

oh, and most importantly, any word on when it will be available? i wanted a supreme, but if i can save thismuch money and get a good amp, i think i'll swing towards the corda.

Aug 20, 2001 at 11:14 AM Post #54 of 60
Hi Lucien,

"the hd600. i gather the porta corda will have sufficient power for these?"

Plenty :)

"i'm also curious if it will be able to run on ac power as well as batteries, and if so what sort of
cord/adapter/converter is required for use in the us and in australia, on the different voltages.

The porta corda will have the option to connect a wallmart power supply via the battery clip. The output voltage can be between 6 and 24 Volts DC. I will not supply any power supplies myself though, since there are so many standards worldwide, but a suitable ps should be available everywhere.

oh, and most importantly, any word on when it will be available?

I wished I could tell. There have been some major delays with the potentiometer but the whole thing should be available within the next 2 months.

Cheers,

Jan

Aug 21, 2001 at 1:16 AM Post #55 of 60
thanks for the reply jan. two months?!?!?!?! arghhhh.

you know, i was really hoping you were goinjg to say something along the lines of "it'll be ready soon, but just for you Lucien, I'll ship one out to sunny western australia today. oh, and it's on the house."
smily_headphones1.gif

perhaps a little optimistic. please hurry. legions of us will buy, i'm sure.

thanks,
luce

Aug 26, 2001 at 3:42 AM Post #59 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by Jan Meier

The porta corda will have the option to connect a wallmart power supply via the battery clip.

WHY on EARTH would I want to connect *anything* good to something I got at that horrible place called Wal-Mart? Just thinking of it makes me want to puke. YEEECHHHH!!!

I seem to have a thing against that store chain, don't I?

BTW, for those that don't know, Wal-Mart is a conservative-"Christian"-approved *highly* successful "family friendly" (all CDs they sell are censored, IIRC) "really big store that sells a little of everything, but what they do sell is crappy" chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back