Latest news of Meier-Audio
Jul 9, 2001 at 8:39 PM Post #16 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by Jan Meier
* And what'll be the estimated price?

Rough estimations:

DIY-kit $100,-
Assembled unit $125,-

However, don't kill me if prices are somewhat higher. I still don't have price-offers for all the parts like enclosure / potentiometer / opamps / front-plate etc.

Be patient ;-P

Jan

Wow! I didn't realize that the Porta Corda would be that inexpensive. But will it be able to power my Beyer DT250-250's?

Here's hopin...

-g

Jul 9, 2001 at 9:01 PM Post #17 of 60
I tested the amp with a K501, which is a notorious hard drive, and it sounded quite well to me.

If course I didn't test at volumes Apheared uses to listen but for normal mortals and normal headphones the amp should be just fine.

KR.. ;
If for some reasons www.meier-audio.com isn't working try:

www.t-online.de/home/meier-audio

Neruda;
Yes, I'm able to sell AKG again. The mother company in Vienna, after looking at all the facts, decided that I wasn't to be blamed for the unhappy discussions we once had on Headwize and started delivering again.

Jan

Jul 9, 2001 at 9:12 PM Post #18 of 60
Sounds great Jan, can't wait. I bet you go though that first 1000 quickly. Let me know if you need an beta tester for the kit
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2001 at 8:35 PM Post #20 of 60
*** Do you have any intention for including Corda HA-1 Kit in Sales-Action? ***

Actually I do, but in combination with a specific headphone. Which one I'm not sure yet.

Options considered are the HD580 or the HD25-1 (my own favourite for travelling).

But maybe you guys have other suggestions!? :)

Cheers,

Jan

Jul 11, 2001 at 1:45 AM Post #23 of 60
I vote for the Beyerdynamic DT831 as I already own a HD600.

Could we also have a Sales-Action on just the Corda HA-1 too?

Jul 11, 2001 at 11:49 AM Post #24 of 60
"DIY-kit $100,-
Assembled unit $125,- "

Gee, speaking of low labor charge! Don't see that often in the US. A house painter here will probably charge more for the same amount of assemly time. Hope dollar remains strong so Jan can bring more deutsche mark home for new shoes.
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2001 at 12:53 PM Post #25 of 60
A sale action on the HD 25-1 would IMO be a great idea. The Headwize/Head-fi community would be able to discover this marvellous headphone, that is so expensive, particularly in the States. However, I'm not sure the HD 25 absolutely needs a dedicated headphone amp (though it's quite revealing). Maybe the HD 580 - Corda combo seems more adequate, because it seems HD 580 really needs to be fed by a quality amp (I still have to buy one, cause I'm still a bit deceived by my HD 580...Except from comfort matters, I actually prefer my HD 25).
BTW, maybe you could consider to run two sales-actions
wink.gif

Jul 11, 2001 at 2:22 PM Post #26 of 60
Steril, the HD25-1 (which may have been called just plain HD25 in most countries) is only 70 ohms impedance, and 120dB efficiency. They don't need an amp to produce decent sound, though they probably will sound better with an amp.

Jul 11, 2001 at 2:59 PM Post #27 of 60
Eagle Driver - Maybe my english is not very clear, but, as I own myself a Sennheiser HD 25-1 (70 ohm) and a HD 580, I allready knew that.
What I wanted to say is that the HD 580 will probably benefit in a more audible way from the CORDA amplifation than the Senn HD 25 (though this lastone is a great headphone).

BTW The HD 25-1 has an impedance of 70 Ohm, but the same model also exists with an impedance of 600 Ohm, that is called HD 25-13, more oriented towards professional purposes. I never listened to the Senn HD 25-13, and I wonder if there is any sound difference between the two models.

Jul 12, 2001 at 8:42 PM Post #28 of 60
I want a Porta-Corda!! damn that looks good on paper
smily_headphones1.gif

will hopefully be auditioning some stuff next week, be sure to get one of those portable amps ready for me, Jan!
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2001 at 9:02 PM Post #29 of 60
Hey...

HD25s as an action with the portable amp/kit! Small light headphones with a portable amp, now there's a delicious offering. barely bigger (and less ugly) than Portas, and the amp would certainly be useful for driving these from a portable source.

Hmm...

Jul 12, 2001 at 9:36 PM Post #30 of 60
Sounds like a good deal to me... let's get a HD-25/porta-Corda action going!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back