Latest news of Meier-Audio
Jul 12, 2001 at 10:50 PM Post #33 of 60
A man can dream though... A man can dream...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 13, 2001 at 2:27 AM Post #34 of 60
Also, it makes more sense to sell $300 worth of stuff and pay $30 shipping, than to sell $125 worth of stuff and pay $25... The shipping cost to item value ratio is lower, which is good..

Jul 13, 2001 at 1:13 PM Post #36 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by Odeen
Also, it makes more sense to sell $300 worth of stuff and pay $30 shipping, than to sell $125 worth of stuff and pay $25... The shipping cost to item value ratio is lower, which is good..

Not if I only want the $125 item.

Jul 14, 2001 at 2:38 PM Post #38 of 60
I'm with mcbiff - IF i get a portable amp, it'll be the porta-corda....and that's all i want. NOTHING ELSE. NOTHING!

PLEASE, jan, be nice to me, a young lad, and offer the porta-corda alone in your sales-action as well...

(grovel, grovel, grovel...)

Jul 18, 2001 at 2:17 AM Post #39 of 60
Between the option of HD25-1 or HD580 and Corda HA-1 - I vote for the HD25-1! I only need the amp but my girlfriend would like the little phone, as she thinks it looks cute.

Does anyone know if the HA-1 comes with a power cord and if it can power 2 phones at the same time?

Chewy

Jul 18, 2001 at 4:10 PM Post #40 of 60
It doesn't come with a power cord, probably because there are different standards in each country. Ought to be easy to find one no matter where you live, since a standard computer grade power cord works just fine.

I'm pretty sure it has plenty of power to handle two pairs of phones at the same time. However, by default one of the headphone jacks has a higher impedance (120 ohm). Of course if you are assembling it yourself you can make both headphone jacks the same impedance, and I imagine you could request the same if you are buying it pre-assembled. There is only one volume control, so it would work best if both headphones are the same model or have similar impedance/sensitivity. For example, at the volume level I listen to my HD600's my Grado's would destroy my ears if plugged into the other jack.

--
Scott

Jul 18, 2001 at 9:20 PM Post #42 of 60
massappeal85;

** Are there any plans on releasing the pre + power amp combo as an assembeled product **

No way! Even with an industrial PCB the assemblage of one single amp would take various days!
(2200 soldering points, take 15 seconds for every soldering point in average and start calculating!)

Chewy;

** Does anyone know if the HA-1 comes with a power cord and if it can power 2 phones at the same time? **

As Slindeman said, there are many different standards around the world and proper powercords are very difficult to get in Europa. At the end it's much cheaper for my "customers" to buy their own cord.

The HA-1 is very well able to power 2 phones simultaneously but as said, the sound volume on the two output jackets will be different, especially if your phone has a very low impedance.

To all;

There will be NO action on the porta-corda only.
(Mmm...., I like that name, who came up with that one?).
The reason is simple. On a (estimated, nothing definite yet) price of $125,- I can not go down very much. However, in combination with a headphone considerable savings can be offered.
Moreover, my production capacities is too limited to assemble a large load of amps within a short period.
Sorry Coolvij! Sorry McBiff!

As for the dead-line of the amp. There's some delay on the custom made potentiometers. Please be patient. The amp will not be ready within the next few weeks :frowning2:

I'm very flattered by the trust many of you have shown by wanting to pre-order and pre-pay a portable without having even seen one.
However, the sales-action on the DT831 (it took Beyerdynamic nearly 3 months to deliver due to production problems) learned me to be very carefull with any deadlines and promises. Again, please be patient. It's not in my hand at the moment and therefore I can't and do not want to promise anything. That's why I do not accept any pre-orders yet.

Cheers,

Jan

Jul 19, 2001 at 1:12 AM Post #43 of 60
Alright, I guess that just shows how much I know about this kind of ****
wink.gif
But I'm curious: Is that about how long it takes for other companys to make their power amps, or is this just cause you loaded it with so much stuff?

Jul 19, 2001 at 1:38 AM Post #44 of 60
Quote:

There will be NO action on the porta-corda only.
(Mmm...., I like that name, who came up with that one?).

Looks like it was Odeen...

Jul 20, 2001 at 4:35 AM Post #45 of 60
Hey Jan,

What combination of phone and amp will you've for your latest sales action!?

Thanks for slindeman and your detailed answers regarding the power. If the Corda uses a standard computer grade cord I take it my OBH-2 won't work!?

Chewy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back